Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Under Armour

Old 09-25-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Under Armour

Anyone use Under Armour HotGear or ColdGear? I have heard good things and would like to try a suit.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Under Armour

yea i like it ihave cold gear and i bought the basspro brand balcova..like underarmour today they didnt have the camo underarmour mask and i fiugred itd be back ordered..its nice and tight..iwant the gloves also
Old 09-25-2005, 07:30 PM

I am now hunting in SC. The temps are typically 90 this time of year. I use the Loose Gear. Terrific perspiration wicking material. Pass on the cheaper stuff, the money is worth it and is well spent!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:39 AM

I use the underarmour heat gear right now. It works great it keeping me from not sweating. Highly reccommend it.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Tight Hot gear

I used the hot gear out west when I was hiking. It is different.. not sure how to explain it but my camo shirt was dry ..I felt dry, and I was sweating too...only thing wet was my back pack straps that went around my shoulders.... any breeze and you cool real fast, will buy more myself.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:42 PM

I just picked up the heat gear in camo today. I've used the cold gear before and if your walk hunting it works awsome.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

I tried the hot gear stuff last year, mostly for turkey season and early archery. I wasen't to fond of it, after walking for an extended period, I felt like I was wearing a plastic garbage bag around my chest and back. I had to take it off. Havne't tried the Loose Grear, yet, and I imagine the Cold Gear stuff works well, I"m looking to get some for colder hunts. For myself personally, I found that wearing a cheap, 100% polyester T-shirt on as a base layer seems to work well in warm weather, I even wear them under my thermal undies when it's cold. They are relatively inexpensive, so you can get2 or 3 of them for the price of one Gear shirt. Places like Dick's Sporting Goods and Gander Mountainhave had them, I just picked up a couple at Dick's last nite. The NIke Dri-fit clothing seemed to work better for me too as opposed to the Armour. But don't wear it when it's chilly!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Both the heat gear and the cold gear work extremely well. I have both sets. The cold gear I always use later in the year. The heat gear I take out west with me, and occasionally wear squirrel hunting when it's hot.