Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Out Of Stater's

Old 06-28-2005, 05:58 AM

Default Out Of Stater's

How does evrybody feel about someone coming to your state and bowhunting ..
as for me,, well come on I own not 1 deer here in NC , except the ones I have harvested. Just curious , cause I go to Ohio every Nov . and it seems to really piss a lot of hunters off there that someone from another state can go there and hunt on " their public land "
Old 06-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Out Of Stater's

I don't see a problem with hunting out-of-state of public land. It's a free country! The other state should be happy to receive the out-of-state $$$ for license fees and such.

I have been toying with the idea of going out to Kentucky or Ohio and going hunting for a few days (where they allowhunting ona Sunday... ). I also have access to my sister/bro-in-law's 125 acre farm in upstate NY too. I have to check the regs about private family owned land and stuff, and if I still need an out-of-state license in NY - 'cause I checked out the price of a regular, everyday, out-of-state 2005 hunting license in NY and had a heart attack!!! Holy smokes, talk about major $$$$ !!!! [:@][&:]

Butch A.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:34 AM

I think it depends. In Maine there is vast forest 1,000,000's of acres so even with a huge influx of hunters, I rarely cross another hunter that's not in my party while in the north woods. Every fall you can watch the numberous big racked, big bodied animals rolling south on 95. Personally I think it's great. It's good for the states economy, it's great for thesportsmen, and to be honest it has no effect on my hunting. No, I don't road hunting slobs andno, I don't like tresspassers but those are in the minority.
If I had issues with out of state tresspassers or a congested hunting area I might have a diffrent opinion. I think the locals are more prone to ignore signs and to litter.
So if you want to chase deer that grow big and die of old age there's no place like Northern Maine. The woods are thick and nasty, and tough as hell to hunt but there is little competition between hunters for a good spot to set up.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

It has been our experience that as out of staters , the locals don't care that you are taking thier bucks they get realticked when you take their DOES! The local could care less about their deer herd but usally care about their women. LOL
Old 06-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

I have no issues with out of state hunters till they do like a few boys from down south did to me a few years ago and shadow me into areas and hunt where I have scouted and setup.They would watch me to see where I went and walk in after I setup and see where I was and then leave. They did this about 5 or six times to me on the stand same set of guys. I then moved to private. I don't have to many issues now since I access public land from private so I don't have to deal with those issues.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Out of staters are good for the local economy's, I just wish as AMERICANS that pay a huge amount of local, state and federal tax, the we as hunters could hunt in different states without paying some ridiculous amount for out of state tags..
Old 06-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have any problem with it. I have invited some of the forum members from out of state to come and hunt with me.I hunt several states every year as well.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

I don't mind out of state hunters. The outrageous amount they pay for our non-resident license helps keep the price for my resident license down. Or it helps bulk up the Fat Cats wallets. Either way I don't mind as long as I get to hunt peacefully.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

As far as I'm concerned you are all welcome in WV.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

I live in montana. It has been allmost 8 years now and the people here still do not like me hunting here. Maby it is becouse I get up way befor day light and hump my but off the get my elk.so many of the public here do not leave there house till day light.I will guting my elk out when they get there and they will cuss the heck out of me for killing there elk. FUNNY

I allso get a ton of crap becouse I will take most any one out to elk hunt.I get a kick out of seeing some one kill there 1st elk.I will allso help pack out a ton of elk each year.The people here like to have 2 foot of snow so the elk will be in there back yard.If they do not get a real big snow here every body wines how they cant kill elk. ALLSO FUNNY

I would be glade to help as much as I could for any hunters around HELENA MT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.