Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Under Armour??

Old 09-29-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Under Armour??

Does this Under Armour Cold Gear work as good as some say?? Is it worth the money?? Does it actually wick the sweat away and allow you stay warm after sitting down?? Just looking for some insight.....I'm comtemplating buying a suit.......Thanks.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Under Armour??

I try and never sweat on my way to the stand (will walk to the stand with just a t-shirt on and pants with no long johns underneath. However, i love the underarmor, i am one of those new gadget guys that spends $500 to $1000 per year on new stuff that comes out( always a justification for new clothes, gloves hats) but the underarmor i found was the best and warmest layer yet and i tried all types of long johns and thermals. IMO you can't beat it and now that they have the camo its even better.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:09 PM

I just bought it and after Sat I will let you know how it works. I bought the heat gear and the cold gear because you never know.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have heard nothing but good things about it from folks that use it...though I have never given it a try. I prefer to wear Cabelas Xstatic as an underlayer. The Tech Silk weight is very comfortable and helps to control odor. It also insulates well enough for me to sit out relatively long in weather down to the mid to low 30's.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:04 PM

I think that stuff should stay in the womens section where it belongs. Give me a pair of long j's, and I'm all set.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:30 PM

UA is great stuff. I play semi-pro football here in Montana and I wear both cold weather and warm weather gear and it is great stuff. I wear the warm weather tee when lifting weights and it gets soaked, however, I have yet to pull it off and have any moisture on my chest. Vitually all football players wear it for a reason, it works.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:12 PM

Yeah, football players wear it because Under Armor has a contract with the league. Its all about the money these days. I forget which was this went, but one of the big shoe companies had a contract with the league, and the player couldn't wear the competitors' logo on their shoes. If for instance Nike had the contract with the league, and you wanted to wear Reeboks, you had to cover up the label. Rediculous!
Old 09-29-2005, 09:17 PM

No, even highschool teams wear it, it works plain and simple. I supply all of my personal gear, gloves, wristbands, skull cap, cleats, and personal protective gear. I bought my own UA and I highly recommend it.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Number of guys wear UA for hockey, I myself wear a long sleeve shirt and boxer shorts of similar material..it does work.

However for hunting I use Helly Hansen Polyproplene Under Garments and have no reason to switch. They wick moisture to keep me warm & dry in climate that can be deadly cold.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

I coach high school football and we useUA, actually I get myself a newsetevery year. Its unfortunate that we can only afford to wear them on game day. Back to the point they work great under my camo, especially here in texas where if you are sitting in your stand you get cold and if you are stalking you start sweating.

Quick Reply: Under Armour??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.