Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under Armour ????

Old 11-04-2006, 05:33 PM
Host of Hosts

Default Under Armour ????

I don't know if this has been covered before or if this is the right forum to ask in. Does Under Armour really work? Does it really keep you warm? Is it worth 54.99 each piece?
Old 11-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Under Armour ????

i was wondering the same thing today....good question...its probly good but i doubt its worth the price...just guessing tho.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey Tryk...

have you been able to find any under garments made of wool these days?
i have looked and everythig is a cotton/poly blend wich doesnt come close to wool...i know people dont like wool cause of the itch but after your skin gets used to it you dont notice it...wool is the best bang for buck if you ask me.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

under armor does work and has a purpose, but there are different textures...if u will. the lycra material will wick away sweat and keep your skin dry and somewhat warm. it is the ultimate base layer because it is
flexible and noise free. that particular type is like my cycling clothes that
i train and raced in. now the other type that they have has a fleece
type of lining....this is awesome stuff. nike and addias now have alot of the same shirts and tights available cheaper. if u have a nike outlet store near u, they will have some of the nike tights in the store.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info lem35....do you think its worth the Price???
Old 11-04-2006, 08:55 PM

Alpha - Check out www.justincharles.com for wool under garments. They are spendy but well worth the price. I actually wear the under armour cold gear as my base and the justin charles as my second layer. Very warm and much needed here in Minnesota in the winter.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

$$$$$$$$$$$$ cha ching........Thats what im talkin about...but you werent lie'n when you said "spendy" id rather buy a set of those then Under Armour anyday tho....maybee i'll keep lookin and find something simular more in my price range...lol
Old 11-04-2006, 09:50 PM

Thats pricy if you ask me..85$ just for Midweight bottoms...Wow. I too have been thinking about Under Armour. But can't seem to see myself spending 80-100$ for long johns.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:53 PM

hahahaha Think the underwear is costly? I darn near shat my drawers looking at the price of the Fly Rod!
Good thing I dont own thos costly underwear.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:52 AM
Host of Hosts

Thanks for the input guys. I don't mind the itch of wool. One of my favoite blankeys is an old Army Blanket from WWII, I don't get itchy from it or wool socks. I am having a real hard time spending 130.00 on underwear with the UnderArmour, but if it works I might try it for gun season. It was cold in the treestand yesterday as we have 5 inches of snow here in my part of PA. I took up Archery partly because of the nice weather and here it is snowing already.[:'(]

Quick Reply: Under Armour ????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.