Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under Armour

Old 06-28-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Under Armour

Has anyone used the ColdGear and what did you think about it? Was it worth the money spent? I don't care to spend the money, I just want it to work like its suppose to.

I'm going to buy some thermal this year but trying to figure out what is best is hard. Any recommendations is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2005, 10:03 AM

Default RE: Under Armour

I use it but I dont think it really helped that much unless you are moving. If you walk alot then I would get it but if you hunt from a stand the most then I would look for something else.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:09 AM

Yeah it works good when you sweat thats why it was made for sports. I used it when playing football and it worked good but didn't help much sittin in my stand.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Did they make that stuff back than Moose?? just kidding
Old 06-28-2005, 12:01 PM

That was back when they only made black and white. lol you see Friday night lights? it is set to the 80's and they have under armour on.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:06 PM

I love Under Armour, I very rarely hunt close to civilization so it keeps me dry on my long walks to the stand. It also keeps me warmer once I get there. You wear Under Armour under an Arctic Shield jacket and you can sit in your stand for a very long time in frigid weather.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

theres camo u/a at cabelas stores havent seen it in the mags yet but ive seen them in the basspro mmags
Old 06-28-2005, 02:36 PM

I use it all the time. I use the cold gear in the late season and the hot gear in the early season. It's still around 75-80 degrees in Md on opening day and it really helps. The cold gear helps keep me dry after walking to my stand but I also strap my jacket and/or bibs to my stand when walking in. I sweat easily so it's a bummer to be cold and wet at 6am. I didnt' even use thermal underwear last year. Just the Under Armour top/bottoms, shirt/pants and insulated jacket/bibs.

You want to hear a real bummer? I interviewed for a job with Under Armour 4 years ago and turned it down because they were a small company, the commute was farther and I didn't want to pay a toll to go through the tunnel. If I had known how big they would get then I certainly would have accepted. Their corporate building is right next to my daughter's daycare and I see it every day. ARGHHH!!!!! [&:]
Old 06-28-2005, 03:34 PM

The cold gear was my favorite option last winter for warmth and keeping me dry. Only one problem; when it's 5 degrees above zero, the wind is blowing hard, you've got layers and layers of clothes on, and you don't have a fly in your underwear, you end up spending 10 minutes and removing a whole lot of clothing eveytime nature calls.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:01 PM

I love the stuff when I'm doing alot of walking. I wear the Cold Gear when I'm walking drives or just still hunting. I need some new leggings for football and i wear boxer briefs and boxers almost every day. Got a bunch of the Heat Gear and Metal Gear for lifting and working out for football and track plus i wear it fishing..love the stuff to death..

slayer

Quick Reply: Under Armour

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.