Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 A Horrible Experience!!! >

A Horrible Experience!!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

A Horrible Experience!!!

Old 03-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A Horrible Experience!!!

Dear Sir/Madame,

APPLE ARCHERY PRODUCTS.

I had the most UNPLEASANT experience in talking to 'the Owner's daughter today, Courtney, about a Laser Axle Alignment tool I bought from you on January 12th, 2005.
The tool appears to have a problem turning the laser light on.

I asked if it was possible, seeing that I'm all the way here in Canada, for them to send me a 'switch' so I can see if this is the problem.
I was told that these units come complete and that parts are not available.
I was told to send the light back, they will check to see what the problem was, and have it repaired or replaced--but all the charges related to this, will be MY RESPONSIBILITY.

I could NOT believe this is what the OWNERS DAUGHTER--'Courtney' was saying.
I question her about this policy and she then accused me "OF BEING RUDE".
Is this for REAL---??
A CUSTOMER takes time to CALL Apple Archery for HELP--and this is what he comes up with.

She DOES NOT belong in this position and I'm going to let this be KNOWN to ALL my archery associates and friends.
I've owned your Apple Bow Press along with many other tools under your brand.

I will NEVER for the rest of my LIFE--buy anything from Apple Archery again.

I will be returning this light for repairs as soon as possible.
I'm requesting to assist with the duties when re-entering Canada, that your company declares the product as 'WARRANTY REPAIR" .

I will be mentioning this HORRIBLE experience on ARCHERY TALK and the HUNTING NET Forums.
This is the WORSE experience I've ever been exposed to in all my life--so much so, that I CANNOT believe it has happened.
This woman does NOT BELONG in that position--worse yet---she the OWNERS daughter.
Something should be done about her ATTITUDE!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:48 AM

Default RE: A Horrible Experience!!!

I understand your anger I would be pi$$ed off as well but make sure you talk to the actual owner and see what he says. IMO you shouldn't have to pay a dime. Good luck
Old 03-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! Thats unreal. Do you think maybe your address had anything to do with it Regardless, I would be looking for another vendor once you get it sorted out.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

You know when you purchase item's from these companies you expect to be taken care of ,espeacially when the company has a name as large as APPLE.I'm sure I'd feel the very same in this situation as you do Keith .I have been thinking of getting a shop press and a arrow cutoff saw.But when I'm paying the buck's I expect to be treated accordingly and if I have to send it back for what ever reason i would expect them to come good for some part of of the transporting .Sure i might understand that they have a policy,that you have to return it , but this is their product and I expect them to honour their product .I know all to well what it cost's to have item's sent across the border and it's definetly not cheap.I'm sure if I were you I would contact them 1 more time but speak with the owner and if this doesn't change thing's then I'd return it and buy your product elsewhere .But I also know a couple guy's who've been speaking of buying their product's and I'll mention this post to them and just maybe they'll reconsider ,and check out other option's . I'd definetly be ticked and I'm sure I'd let it be known as well.

nubo
Old 03-08-2005, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bummer. I'll keep it in mind and voice my displeasure with Apple when I get the chance.

FWIW. This is for anyone who deals with the public.

I have literally given business to one of my suppliers totaling 100's of thousands of dollars because of their policy to always make me happy, and they have. I just tonight convinced another costumer to buy from them. Do you know what good costumer service is worth these day's. A LOT!
Old 03-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think maybe your address had anything to do with it
TerryM--I would hate to think so, but the Owner's daughter did mention and I qoute."This is what happens when we have to ship to Canada"--(unquote). She could have meant the complications, shipping charges--anything.
However, my concern was 'QUALITY CONTROL' of a product APPLE ARCHERY is vending. WHY and HOW can a Laser Light with obvious snags slip through Quality control and make its way to the consumer.
IF-- on the other hand, Apple Archery isn't testing their products individually, because of whatever the reason, volumes or whatever--then they should at LEAST honor the cost of the shipping charges, etc, when a faulty product gets into the hands of their customers.
I would think this is the correct thing to do!!!
The consumer should NOT be held liable for a product he/she never got a chance to test, neither see, when purchasing items via the internet.
The company handling the product should be responsible.

Today--all I wanted was HELP--and that's why I called Apple Archery.
I just wanted to get my laser light working the way it should, instead of having to fiddle with the switch several times before the light comes on.
I never called Apple Archery to argue or to be embarrassed--I wanted my laser light to work properly.
I could NOT believe the way I was handled, I NEVER yelled, swore, or raised my voice--God be my judge. The owner's daughter obviously has SERIOUS PROBLEMS in dealing with CUSTOMERS!!
It's a SHAME to see what customer service has come to in this day and age. On the other hand, I must also add that I have been treated fairly by many other companies, unfortunately today I came across an individual who happens to be the owner's daughter who couldn't care less for their customer. Sad, very sad indeed.
I am truely hurt, humiliated and this has really bothered me.
It seems unbelievable, I am still at a lost to understand this type of attitude.
Sorry for the long thread--just wanted you guys to know the company you may one day have to deal with.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things has taken a turn for the best!!!

Today, I received a letter from Apple Archery--reversing the decision made by the owner's daughter.
They're sending me out a new Laser Light and the charges are also covered by them. (I had already shipped back the malfunctioning light to them on Tuesday).
I am now convinced that I was wrong reacting and judging a company only by one of it's associates---my sincere apologies.

Unfortunately, that associate happened to be the owner's daughter--someone who should have lead by example, image and leadership. Qualities very absent in that individual.
I never thought someone in that position would have reacted they way she did. Reminds me of a house sittng on the roof.

Instead, a Lady by the name of 'Holly' stepped up to the plate and offered her assistance and resolved what had turned out to be a horrible experience into one, that will leave no scars.
It is most unfortunate I had not dealt with Holly in the first place as this would never have happened.
It's amazing, the difference 'one person' can make.
Every cloud has a 'silver lining' that silver lining is now known as 'Holly'.
I now publicly extend my heartfelt appreciation for her support and the hand she has extended in resolving an issue that begun so terrible--but ended completely opposite.
Again I say a special 'thank you' to her, for being there went I needed the help.
PS. I would also like to thank the Moderators and the Board Members of HuntingNet for allowing me the opportunity to express my experience.
God Bless!!
Old 03-11-2005, 12:39 PM

Ampahunter,

Great to hear you got it worked out. It's also nice you posted it here to let us know the end result. IME Apple makes a good product. It sounds like Courtney needs to visit the school of hard knocks, maybe that would set he straight. She sounds like an idot and dosn't realize that you dollars are the reason she lives comfortably.

I'll keep in mind if I ever have an issue with apple to request the services of Holly. It sounds as though she a reall asset to the company.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keith!

I'm very happy that this issue has been resolved and that we can put it to rest ,as I said I am thinking of a arrow saw and a permenant press as well in the future .I'll keep in minfd who I'm dealing with when I decide on a purchase .

nubo
Old 03-11-2005, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll keep in mind if I ever have an issue with apple to request the services of Holly. It sounds as though she a reall asset to the company.
You've got the right adams--Holly would be that person, I was really caught by surprise after the experience with the owner's daughter.
I had truly given up on Apple, and I also agree with you about their products, I've used/bought many over the 17 years.

She sounds like an idot and dosn't realize that you dollars are the reason she lives comfortably
You got that right too--the customers is what keeps the doors of the business open---she's obviously power drunk by her "father's success".

I'll keep in mind who I'm dealing with when I decide on a purchase.
John--Holly would be the one to deal with, without a doubt.
If you're getting the bow press get the one with the jack at the side and the floating compression bar, it works well on VFT bows.

Quick Reply: A Horrible Experience!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.