Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whiskery biscuit

Old 10-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whiskery biscuit

I wouldn't hunt with anything but a Biscuit! I will say that even a properly set up Biscuit, shootingcock vane up,can still give you wavy vanes with enough shooting. However, this doesn'teffectarrow flight/accuracy at all.I've also NEVER had a vane come off other than me slicing it off with another broadhead.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

I shot a WB for several years on my old bow and honestly never had a problem with it...after switching to blazer vanes.
I just bought a new bow this past weekend and switched over to a drop away just to see how I like it. It has a "full containment" housing around it, but the arrow CAN still come off the rest. If I end up not liking it, I'll go back to the WB with no hesitation.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:44 PM

I used a WB for a couple seasons, was a good rest, but depends on what you're shooting. I shot feathers with my Tribute last year and the WB ripped themright off after a few shots. So I switched to the NAP 360 rest, does pretty much the same thing as the WB but without any fletching contact. Good for feather or quickspin shooters. Of course theres also the Bowtech capture rest, Tiger Tuff Sure Shot, and Bodoodle Zapper 300 and 400 if thats not enough choices for you.[8D]
Old 10-20-2007, 05:46 PM

I just got back from getting one put on my bow. After I had it installed, I made sure that it was still sighted, and I have to say that I already love the thing.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:35 PM

A lot of folks switch from a drop away to a whisker biscuit, and have problems immediately. Blame it on the WB - and jump back across the fence. For instance, one of my group of friends has a Reflex Growler with a Trophy Ridge drop away rest. After he tuned it, the bow shot field points and broadheads to the same point. The TR arrow rest put the arrow shaft up to where the bottom of the arrow shaft was about centered with the Berger hole - fairly common for Hoyt bows. After the WB was installed, he immediately started having problems with fletching contact; and we wound up moving the WB down to where the center of the arrow was slightly below the center of the Berger hole. Then, after moving the nocking loop up a little, the bow tuned and once again shot field points and BH's to the same spot. The bow now shoots better than it ever has . . . . .
Old 10-20-2007, 10:30 PM

Shoot both if you can. Shoot in different situations and compare groups. I shot WB for a few years cause thats what I could afford at that time. This year I put a Muzzy Zero Effect on. I Shot a much tighter group now. I love it from the tree stand. I put my old WB on my 5 year olds bow, its a great starter set up. Bottom line is use what works best for you.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:33 PM

We have been selling and installing wb's on bows for three years or more now and ive personally shot em with blazer vanes and other vanes. If your vanes are getting torn by the wb then your bow was not tuned for it. A wb slows most bows dwn bout 5fps on average. I put one on my new bowtech marquis and i didnt see any change in performance over the drop away i was using. So unless you are a serious target shooter the wb is the best way to go for hunting in my opinion for what thats worth once you shoot a bowtech you will never be the same.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:54 PM

If you're refering to me, I didn't say I was using vanes I said I was using feathers, and with an 83 pound Tribute it will start ripping feathers off your arrows in short order. Two other hunting partners with 80 pound Tributes aswell will swear to that. And it has nothing to do with our bows not being tuned correctly.