Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whiskery biscuit

Old 10-12-2007, 01:03 PM

Default RE: Whiskery biscuit

They're okay. They can't compete with my Trophy Taker Drop Away arrow rest. I sound like a commerical.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:12 PM

they affect arrow flight. go to a good drop away, the arrow is confined to the rest, (NAP) and they dont wear out like the WB.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:02 PM
dws

If you think a whisker bisket effects arrow flight, I think you need to practice your follow thru a little more and tune your bow better. I honestly don't see how anybody could say there is any accuracy problems or fletching problems with one as long as it is set up properly.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dws

If you think a whisker bisket effects arrow flight, I think you need to practice your follow thru a little more and tune your bow better. I honestly don't see how anybody could say there is any accuracy problems or fletching problems with one as long as it is set up properly.
Ditto!!!! I totally agree with you dws.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 7mary4

they affect arrow flight. go to a good drop away, the arrow is confined to the rest, (NAP) and they dont wear out like the WB.
Okay, how?
Old 10-13-2007, 07:04 AM

i was sceptical, but just got a new tribute and put one on it. i hasn't done anything to my blazers and in my opinoin is the best type of rest you could have for hunting. there just isn't anything that could go wrong. what happens to your accuracy if the string on your fall away streches or maybe contracts just a little bit from cold weather? what if it broke? what happens if you need to let down? how about you bump a branch at full draw? if you're using a biscut you don't need to worry about it. i'll give up the 3fps for the peace of mind. i love it.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well put dws....The bigest problempeople have with the WB is they dont set em up right..........
Old 10-17-2007, 05:40 AM
N2A

ORIGINAL: Super G Force

I have been using the WB for over a year now and have yet to tear up any vanes. I have heard about the old/first style that were all black bristles causing problems. I shoot blazers but I have shot 4" vanes also with no problems.

I'm looking at buying some new arrows and having the 2" Blazers put on them. The question I have is this. With 4 inch vanes, I was told I should have the fletches attached straight instead of with a heliptical angle when shooting with a whisker biscuit. I'm asking for a second opinion. Are blazers attached straight or can they be part heliptical? If heliptical, is there a negative impact to the arrow, whether its accuracy or fletching wear?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: N2A

I have been using the WB for over a year now and have yet to tear up any vanes. I have heard about the old/first style that were all black bristles causing problems. I shoot blazers but I have shot 4" vanes also with no problems.

I'm looking at buying some new arrows and having the 2" Blazers put on them. The question I have is this. With 4 inch vanes, I was told I should have the fletches attached straight instead of with a heliptical angle when shooting with a whisker biscuit. I'm asking for a second opinion. Are blazers attached straight or can they be part heliptical? If heliptical, is there a negative impact to the arrow, whether its accuracy or fletching wear?
If you are Hunting and shooting broadheads, fletch your arrows Helical either way.

Dan
Old 10-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: N2A

Dan is right. You should go with helical fletching. Helps stabilize the arrow faster.My 4" vanes were helical with the WB, but I have only shot 2" blazers (helical) for the last few years. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Whiskery biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.