Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Parker XP Buckhunter

Old 10-18-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Parker XP Buckhunter

So I just got back into bowhunting after about 10 or more years off. I did a lot of research and was blown away by the price of so many of the bows today. I finally went to a good hunting shop and tried out the BUCKHUNTER XP by parker. It was light, really fast, butter smooth draw and quiet. I got out of the shop with everything I needed for $550. I sighted in at 10 and 20 yards and shot it with a muzzy practice head (100gr). Shoots really great, had deep penetration on one of those hard foam cell targets. The only thing that turned me off was the small price ($379 with quiver, whisper bisquet, and peep site). How preverse is that, I paid to little for my bow so my head keeps telling me it cant be good. When it was tuned all the way to 70 lbs it actually pulled at 75 lbs. I backed it so it registered to 70 lbs and it felt like I was drawing 30lbs. At 75 lbs the bow was screaming fast and with all the stuff on the string and a loaded arrow it crono-d at a fairly respectable 250 fps. So all in all I think I did well but my head tells me I cant get a really good quality bow for less than 600.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 AM

Default RE: Parker XP Buckhunter

It's tough to believe that a bow package under $450 can deliver. I bought a Buck Hunter XP last week, changed the rest to a prong drop away and dialed the bow in to 65# draw. It is accurate as heck, lightweight, well built, and plain fun to shoot. I own a VERY expensive Ten Point X bow that I have had excellent success with. I thought it was time to diversify my bow skills as many states haven't adopted x bows yet. This BH XP was an excellent choice at and excellent price.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:32 PM

i just went out and shot it again, i have found that it makes a metallic sound on firing. any suggestions
Old 10-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting buddy just bought a TrailBlazer XP and it is nice. Parker makes some great bows at a great price.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ranger Joe

i just went out and shot it again, i have found that it makes a metallic sound on firing. any suggestions
Sometimes on new bows, and even seasoned ones, the screws in the cams can work loose a little. Check to make sure those are tight, hang the bow on a hook, and then tap it. If you don't hear the sound, shoot it and see if that took care of it. If you do hear the sound while tapping it, you should be able to track it down that way. It could be your sight, quiver, or anything else attached to thebow too, so hanging it and tapping is the easiest and quickest way to find it instead of trying to find it while you shoot it.