Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whiskery biscuit

Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Spike

Default Whiskery biscuit

Im looking for opinions on the whisker biscuit rests?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whiskery biscuit

Use the search feature in the tool bar and you will probably find a lot of good info. I use the WB and it works well for me.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:00 PM

if you have great form wiskey biscuits are great but they do tear up vanes in my opinion. I would suggest a drop away there not much more than a WB but they allow more forgiveness than The wb. I have a Dropzone buy trophy ridge and love it and until someone makes one better I will not put anything else on my bow
Old 09-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using the WB for over a year now and have yet to tear up any vanes. I have heard about the old/first style that were all black bristles causing problems. I shoot blazers but I have shot 4" vanes also with no problems.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Never had problems with vanes but your groups will improve with a drop away. Shot a wb for years but tried a drop away and would never go back. Ask yourself when was the last time you shot upside down?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: loogout1

Ask yourself when was the last time you shot upside down?
I have not shot upside down lately but when you are stalking game like turkeys, deer, elk etc....it is helpful to not have your arrow falling off the rest.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

I stand corrected. Then again I do 99% of my hunting out of a tree stand. It would definitely help if stalking.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive posted more then enough on the WB.....Have used it from basiclly fromthe day itwas on the shelfon 3 diferant bows and untill something else comes out thats better Iam not changing.........
Old 09-26-2007, 07:56 PM

Hate em they warped the fletchings on my arrows and it has to affect arrow flight and speed.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:20 AM

The WB is what I had on my bow last year and worked pretty good with the exception of warping vanes. When I changed bows I went to a NAP quick tune drop away and like ita little better but I do almost all of my bowhunting from a tree. If you spot n stalk the WB may be a better option.

Quick Reply: Whiskery biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.