Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

biscuit help

Old 04-12-2006, 06:15 AM

Default biscuit help

I posted this under a different topic, but I am afraid it will get lost so I am posting it solo.

I need help. I just bought a new bow (xt) and had the biscuit put on it. I didn't exactly like the way it was put on, so I remounted it. Well I have had the bow for 4 days and have shot it about 6 hours worth. My brand new vains look like they are years old. They are wrinkled up from end to end. Every vain is wrinkled. Also, I noticed the arrows themselves are getting scuffed up. So from previous posts it appears that my bow is out of tune and possibly badly out of tune. If it were out of tune, would all the vanes be damaged or only some of them? Can I tune it in with the wrinkled vains? If so, where do I start? I did see the arrows fishtailing the past two days, but there was a strong cross wind.

Additional info: Carbon arrows, 4 inch vanes, Large WB.

thanks for the help
Old 04-12-2006, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: biscuit help

I posted something in the other thread. Hope it helps.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

First of all you need to shoot through paper to see how your arrow is coming off the rest. The tear you get will tell you how to move the rest to clean it up. Secondly you need to be very meticulous about having the Bisquit perfectly square when installed. I am on my second try with a bisquit and sold my first because it was loud. Well this time around I now use different arrows witha smooth finish and paid more attention to it being square and it is now silent. My clothes make more noise on drawback. And last, the bisquit will mess up the ends of your vanes but that will not affect the flight. Switch over to Bohning Blazers and you will never have vane issues and a bisquit. And one last thing I would highly recommend you use a string loop with that rest.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am betting your arrows are fletched with a soft vane, such as AAE, or duravanes. You need to have them fletched with bohning vanes, blazers, vanetec's or something similar that are much stiffer and more durable. these stiffer vanes hold up much better through the WB.