Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whiskery biscuit

Old 10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Whiskery biscuit

i know people that have used them and they said they work great but they said it rips your fletchinsoff easy

Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BIGBUCK17

i know people that have used them and they said they work great but they said it rips your fletchinsoff easy
I have never had a fletch rip off yet due tomyWB. I shoot 2" helical set blazers. no problems and I shoot a minimum of 100 shots a week. If the WB is not set up correctly like sqaure to the shaft I guess it could happen, but that would not be the WB's fault that would be operator error...
Old 10-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Fork Horn

dont get one if you like me and shoo alot of target! it tears the heck outta your vanes. get a drop away

Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: slayer_54

dont get one if you like me and shoo alot of target! it tears the heck outta your vanes. get a drop away
I Shoot a lot of target, as in a minimum of 100 shots a week as I stated in a previous post. I have not had any problems with vanes coming off. I am wondering if some of the people with the vanes coming off aren't getting poorly built arrows with bad fletching jobs??
Old 10-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

12-4-8(ruffly) thats the clock and how yourvanes should be going thru,the tearing of the vanes comes when they come in contact with the bottom of the WB support,its also the reason you get a wavie vane,because of contact.I like some of you have been useing the WB from just about day one and have learned how to set it up the correct way.The 4-7 clock postition are stiffer and will also cause some vane warp if hitting to much..Iam still old school and put the little extra drop of glue on the front of the vanes but dont baleave its nessasary.As far as fps loss I think they are still figuring around 1 or two fps not enough to make any differance.
I also beleave alot of people are not getting the right size biscuit for arrowthus causing problems.I also bet that if you look at the vane that shows warp or pulling offthey will show the signs of contact(off color or signs of rubbing)...
Old 10-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

12-4-8(ruffly) thats the clock and how yourvanes should be going thru,the tearing of the vanes comes when they come in contact with the bottom of the WB support,its also the reason you get a wavie vane,because of contact.I like some of you have been useing the WB from just about day one and have learned how to set it up the correct way.The 4-7 clock postition are stiffer and will also cause some vane warp if hitting to much..Iam still old school and put the little extra drop of glue on the front of the vanes but dont baleave its nessasary.As far as fps loss I think they are still figuring around 1 or two fps not enough to make any differance.
I also beleave alot of people are not getting the right size biscuit for arrowthus causing problems.I also bet that if you look at the vane that shows warp or pulling offthey will show the signs of contact(off color or signs of rubbing)...
Well said.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you SGF.
Iam getting tired of the bashing,all rests have thier good and bad and Ive read alot on dif forums and what it comes down too is if you know what your doing the WB is a good all around rest weather it's 110 deg out or -30.Also the WB is perty indestructable(spl)as in no moving parts so the mud,sand,snow,ice,rain have no real effect.Also I do not know of anyother rest you can shoot upside down and still have agood arrow flight,yes Ive hung upside down on my childrens swing set and have tried it, just because I was told you could shoot it upside down and your sight changes due to the fact the arrow is resting on the top,not a perty sight tho(me hanging on the swingset)....Sorry have'nt tried the New Hostage yet....But you never know...
If it aint broke dont fix it.....
Old 10-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Thank you SGF.
Iam getting tired of the bashing,all rests have thier good and bad and Ive read alot on dif forums and what it comes down too is if you know what your doing the WB is a good all around rest weather it's 110 deg out or -30.Also the WB is perty indestructable(spl)as in no moving parts so the mud,sand,snow,ice,rain have no real effect.Also I do not know of anyother rest you can shoot upside down and still have agood arrow flight,yes Ive hung upside down on my childrens swing set and have tried it, just because I was told you could shoot it upside down and your sight changes due to the fact the arrow is resting on the top,not a perty sight tho(me hanging on the swingset)....Sorry have'nt tried the New Hostage yet....But you never know...
If it aint broke dont fix it.....
That cracks me up that you tried shooting it upside down. I would have loved to seen that. Maybe a future video??
Old 10-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was a few years younger and my wife thought I had lost it...But I was just trying to prove the company wrong..
Old 10-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

I am glad you didn't prove them wrong. I love the product and will keep on using it for years to come.

Quick Reply: Whiskery biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.