Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ground Blind

Old 12-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ground Blind

Good for you wise choice indeed , may I suggest that you try to contact a guy in the hunting gear forum of the classifieds.
His user name is gregholland and he sells the Double Bull Archery Blinds and acsessories to go with it like the " Wild Thing Pack ".
Alot of members here have dealt with him and he's straight up and honest with you , I know he has a easy payment plan and he might be willing to work with you.
It wouldn't hurt to check him out , if you do get a chance to talk to him tell'em RDHunter sent ya.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:51 AM

Well, I thought I would be waiting until next year, but Gregholland made me a great deal on the Matrix/Wild Thing combo. Should be arriving shortly.
One question to you ground blind hunters, do you find it more dangerous in riffle/shotgun country to be on the ground? What do you do protect yourself in reguards to Hunter Orange?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I'm using my Double Bull and I know theres other hunters with shot guns or rifels , I'll put some bright orange tape on my blind in a big X so they can see it.
I also used one of those bicycle flags on a long fiberglass pole , thats easy to see from a distance.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:48 PM

check to see if they have a orange cap that goes on top of the blind as well, depending on where you're at, can never be too safe!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:29 PM

I have had an Amerstep, an Eastman outfitters, and now a Double Bull. Should have saved
my money on the first two and bought the Double Bull first. The others quality doesn't not
compare with that of a Double Bull.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

go to wal mart, they have pop up blinds that cover three sides and they work perfect. They are only like 15 bucks.
Old 12-22-2006, 11:21 AM

Well, I got the blind and backpack yesterday. At first, I was having a hard time setting it up so I decided watched the video. My set up time is about 15 seconds. Very easy, cant wait to try it.

On the other hand, the Wild Thing backpack will need some studying. That thing will carry anything you have. I dont think they left anything out. It will carry the blind, chairs,bow,and all your gear at the same time. Even has a water bladdder. Removeable panels,expandable,customizable. It is definitly "Wild".

Ray

Old 12-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good for you I hope you enjoy using it as much as I do and I know that blind will last a life time of good hunting.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would really like a double bull. No doubt the quality is there. I have an Ameristep brickhouse and it works great. The problem with the DB is that it is too expensive for me to leave it out there. I've had an Ameristep Doghouse stolen..The DBis also heavier to carry. I go in pretty far and it has to be light for me to cary my pack, gun(or bow) and blind.
I guess if i wasn't old and out of shape it wouldn't matter