Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ground blind...... >

ground blind......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ground blind......

Old 11-09-2003, 12:22 AM
voz
Fork Horn

Default ground blind......

bought a new ground blind and have a few questions. I plan to take out to the yard and spray it down with scent killer and let it dry before I take it to the feild.....sound like a good idea? I think that it should help with scent control (the blind)...as it shouldn' t let my scent travel as much as if I where out in the open...also I think that it' ll be nice when out hunt a " new" area.....find a place that looks good ......set it up and hunt. What are you thoughts about hunting from ground blinds...comments on how to apply this new (for me) tool and do you think it' ll help with scent control. Also what do you think about ameristeps outhouse.......that' s the blind that I bought....thanks as always.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:41 AM

Default RE: ground blind......

I used a ground blind for the first time turkey hunting in the spring. I would advise that you use as much natural camo as possible. Put it in some trees, and/or throw some brush on it. If it is more open, deer definately did not like it. They didn' t run, but they were very aware of it in the more open areas. But with some good natural como, they easily came within bow range.
Old 11-09-2003, 05:54 AM

Default RE: ground blind......

I' m with Trash on this one. Set it up with a real nice backdrop. Set it up against some brush or what not and then do some trimming for your shooting lanes and use the cut pieces to " brush in" your blind. Make it as inconspicious as possible. Another thing to keep in mind is how many window openings to use. My blind has three large openings with three small openings embedded within so you have the option of using the small openings or the large complete with shoot through mesh. I try to use only two openings for the most part. One small and one large usually. The number of openings you use will determine how much light can enter the blind. The more light that you allow to enter the blind can have a negative effect on the amount of movement you can get away with in the blind without being detected. I had my wife stand outside the blind one day to test the theory. I opened and closed some openings then moved about and she would tell me when she could or could not see me. The conclusion...You can get away with a lot more movement without being detected if you minimize the number of openings you use. In this case, less light inside is the way to go. Good luck. Jim