Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ground blind ?

Old 09-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ground blind ?

I need a light,portable ground blind ,wind proof,waterproof and a roof.
Any suggestions ? Something like amerstep Dog house. Where and how much ?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:16 PM

Default RE: Ground blind ?

You can get the doghouse blind at Walmart for a decent price. They have a new blind called the Stackhouse that looks decent also.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:05 PM

I am a avid archery turkey hunter and i have tried several defferent types of ground blinds and out of all that i have tried the double bull blinds are far better than anything else i have tried. There a little more expensive, But well worth it. The ameristep blinds are a good blind, But built realy cheap and noisy too. Doesn't suprise me that walmart would carry the cheap stuff. Take my advice, save your mony and buy the double bull. You won't regret it.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:06 PM

i have a doghouse blind and it works god so far. i got it for christmas so im not sure how much it cost, but i think my mom said it was like 65-70 bucks.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought my Ameristep Penthouse direct from the
company cost a little over three hundred dollars
very good quality,quiet,hasnt faded,and I like it better
then my Double Bull,lots of room and have had great
success with this blind.Every DB owner has to bash
Ameristep,to each his own,give it a rest!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have both Doghouse models, the Penthouse and one of the Hunters View models. Great blinds in my opinion. Ameristep also makes on of the hub style blinds if you are really worried about windflap.I have never really had a problem with it on the Doghouse models but some folks hunt in very windy conditions and/or are a bit pickier than I am.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:46 AM

yote I don't think ALL Double Bull owners bash others just because they can, I think we are very passionate about our blinds because of the top notch quality and the features they have. I use my Double Bull ALOT and consider it one of my greatest "tools". The quality, ease of use and the things like silent fabric, no shiny reflections and no flapping are attributes that are of utmost importance when getting really close, ESPECIALLY when talking about using them for whitetails.

I will throw my choice into the hat also for Double Bull. They are like many other things in life, they might cost a little more initially but they are quality built and will last MANY times longer than the cheaper models by the competition. A hundred or two more bucks over the life of a blind equates to pennies and the benefits I mentioned are worth MUCH more than pennies too me!!!

Good luck,
RA
Old 09-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

I broke down and ordered a alighting set rifleman blind from Cabellas, p558 What do you think ? From what I read it might be easier to set up than my old doghouse, my tree climbing days are rapidly coming to an end so I've got to try something. Thanks for the imput