HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Ground Blind (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/169080-ground-blind.html)

Rainman7 12-08-2006 07:33 AM

Ground Blind

Any recomendations on ground blinds? quiet-fast setup , shoot through ect..

mobow 12-08-2006 07:51 AM

RE: Ground Blind

Double Bull. Yeah, I know they are expensive, but I've owned quite a few blinds and was NOTHING but aggravated with them......I would have saved a ton of money if I just would have bought a Matrix and been done with it.

Red Lion 12-08-2006 12:20 PM

Double Bull likely makes the best, but most expensive. Summit and othersmake pretty good ones for a quarter the price.

Rick James 12-08-2006 12:49 PM

Double bulls are nice. With that said I have a year now in my Ameristep Brickhouse and love it.

davs2601 12-08-2006 01:06 PM

I have a ground max blind. Its made of heavy fabric, not the tent material some of the others use. It dosent have shoot through mesh but i bought some camo screening to cover a few of the larger windows. A few weeks back I had a small buck less than ten yards from me and he didnt seem to even notice me. If you look at bass pro the usually have them on sale for around 70-80 bucks. I wish I could have bought the double bull but im a po white boy, its just well out of my price range. I think the ground max is the next best thing..hope that helps

RDHunter 12-09-2006 08:15 AM

Nothing beats a Double Bull T5 or Matirx , fast set up and take down in seconds , thight non wind flap consruction and shoot thru mesh windows.
Easy to pack and carry in or out and very mobile , can't go wrong with this blind and well worth the money , built to last a lifetime.

childers 12-10-2006 10:13 AM

with the shoot thru window dont they start to fall apart after a while? i dont get it?

mobow 12-10-2006 10:40 AM

Yes, but it takes a lot of shots before that happens. And when it does, replacement mesh is innexpensive and simple to replace.

jaymac 12-10-2006 12:45 PM

I have the Ameristep Doghouse...Sets up pretty quickly. The "tent" poles are little tight at first, but loosen up. I had a deer run right by me during gun season! She had no idea I was there.

And, yes I missed. [:@]

Rainman7 12-10-2006 05:14 PM

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm sold on the Matrix but I might wait until next season..probably the Matrix II for $450. Have you seen the Double Bull "Wild Thing" back pack. That looks like it might end up on next years list also. I'm getting kind of tired of tree stands. Set up really 7 seconds in the dark?

I was also looking at the Cabelas Full Draw X5 if any tried it.

Thanks,
Ray