Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 On Time feeder craps out. >

On Time feeder craps out.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

On Time feeder craps out.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default On Time feeder craps out.

My On Time Big Boy feeder that has been in the woods for about 2 months broke down. That is the shortest life I have ever gotten from a feeder. What a peice of junk. I will replace it soon and you can bet it won't be the same brand. I followed all instructions and this equipment was not abused, (although it may be now),and still it broke down this fast. I may make an attempt to get on time to make things right or I may just throw it in the trash. I'll be buying a Moultrie this evening.
For those who wish to cry foul about a feeder, it is legal here and I don't shoot over it. It is a managment tool.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:00 AM

Default RE: On Time feeder craps out.

on time is a lifetime warrnty feeder call them or send it to them they will eather fix it or send you a new one
Old 09-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was the motor that went bad. I pulled it out and installed a new one I got from Graingers. I don't have 3 months to wait for a warranty repair. I also won't be buying any more On Time products.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:28 AM

this is kinda off the subject of what you guys where talking about but I just bought some C'mere Deer and i put some down waited about 3-5 days came back and i didn't see any results. i bought the powder form and just put some in a pile on the ground. when i came to check it the greass wasn still there like nothing even touched it. there was no sign of any deer there. did i do something wrong or what.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use On TIme and I broke something on one of ours and they sent me the part within 2 days, before I even sent teh broken one back. I would try them at least just to let them know what happened. I'm sure they didn't intentionally rig your feeder so that it broke in two months, and the rest of their feeders haven't all broken. Mine is going on 3 years. Something breaks and now the whole company is junk?
Old 09-13-2006, 01:01 PM

"use On TIme and I broke something on one of ours and they sent me the part within 2 days, before I even sent teh broken one back. I would try them at least just to let them know what happened. I'm sure they didn't intentionally rig your feeder so that it broke in two months, and the rest of their feeders haven't all broken. Mine is going on 3 years. Something breaks and now the whole company is junk? "

Agreed...you have to give a company's Customer Service Departmenta reasonable chance to help you out before you pronounce their products junk. Most are very interested in maintaining happy customers. If they give you the "too bad" line, let the junk talk begin.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:47 PM
Spike

I have a Ontime feeder thats been working fine for over 2 years.One of the little metal metal slinger's on the spinner got bent somehow and they sent me 2 more just in case i had problem's again .
Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

I called the company and asked if I could get a new motor. I was told I had to return the feeder so they could evaluate the failure. Not good enough for me. I'm glad you guys have had positive experiences with them. My experience has been anything but.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

man you are hard on a company. I have been running 9 ontime feeders for 4 years now and they do break. anything mechanical will break. I always call up lavern at ontime and she sends me the parts I need and I send her the broken part back. you can send the feeder in per instructions with a 10 dollar check to cover shipping only and they will fix it and send it back to you. usually takes 3 weeks for turnaround, sometimes sooner in the off season. I don't understand why you are so peeved if in the instructions they say send it back and when you call em thats what they tell you. No matter what company you deal with if it is under warranty you gotta send it back for them to fix it!!!!!!!!! I don't know what your expectations were but I don't think they are reasonable. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess you're right, I am hard on a company when thier product doesn't hold up for more than a couple of months. I have 2 Moultries that are each over 4 years old with no problems. If Lavern is willing to send parts to one customer and wait for bad parts to be returned why won't she do it for another? Inconsistant customer service is another reason for me to stay away. Thanks for reaffirming my decision.