Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Switch Back and Trykon

Old 02-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Switch Back and Trykon

I've ordered a Hoyt UltraTec and I am still thinking about the Trykon and the Switch Back. I've tried out these two bows and cannot get over the abrupt, immediate draw force curve. Are all parallel limbed bows like this? It feels as if they peak within the first 4 to 6 inches.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:48 PM

Default RE: Switch Back and Trykon

no not all.tributedoesnt ease up until last 3 inches
Old 02-11-2006, 03:49 PM

I am a die-hard Hoyt Fan. Have been loyal to thier Bows for a long long time. When I saw the Trykon advertised. I was excited, as I was thinking it was about time to upgrade. When I went out to Test Fire the Trykon, I have to say I was for the first time Disappointed in Hoyt's Design. The Trykon is rather short axle to axle and seemed to me to be rather heavy for it's Size. I was testing a bow w/ cam and 1/2 80% let off. I about punched myself in the face in the last 2-3 in. The drop off was so drastic. I was more interested in the Trykon XL for it's size, but they did not have one in stock to try. I was told however that if you get thr Trykon or Trykon XL with the 65% cam and 1/2s it is not as drastic. I was also told that all bows with this new parallel design are like this, as they have to be to get the speed. Now as I said, I am a die hard Hoyt guy. But I tried one of Bow-Tech's new bows w/ the high let off and it was a very nice smooth drawing bow. I think I am just going to kept my hoyt 200 for another year or two and see what comes out next. Thinking about moving to traditional anyway. Good luck and keep lettin' the arrows fly...
Old 02-11-2006, 08:55 PM

I read all over about the harsh draw cycle on a trykon. I have a xl coming shoud be here in a couple days . But yesterday i took about a 100 shots with a trykon i though it drew very nice . I am a small person and have my razertec set at 63 pounds but was shooting the trykon at 70 lbs seamed like an eazy draw.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1419597

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1421735

The Switchback is a great bow, slower than the Trykon but you need to read the reviews to follow.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:31 PM

I am very happy with my Trykon XL. It has performed very well in competition, and I have had no complaints with it. No harsh draw cycle, no "buzzing" has so many people say they hear with the Hoyts. But, in the end, their will be opinions and more opinions. Alot of people forget that no matter what bow you end up with, it should suit your needs, shoot exactly how you want it to shoot, and be a tool to extend your mind and body. And for me, the Trykon XL was the tool for the job, both in comeptition and for hunting.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Get the trykon....heck of a bow
Old 02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

i'm not in the market for a new rig but thought i'd give the ol trykon a look tonight at the shop. After a demo shoot i was unpleasantly suprised with its performance. I've never been strictly biased towards a company but i was a bit dissapointed in this bow. i wasn't shooting brand new arrows (just the demos) and this could have played a factor, but the draw cycle seemed very harsh, not smooth at all. And upon release, it had a particular jump in my hand and a buzz to it like when you hid a baseball off the handle. I was very dissapointed. last year i almost bought a vtec and expected something comprable to that rig but it was worlds different. I ended up with the switchback. It felt much better in my hand and at full draw not to mention the draw cycle is silky smooth. Its gravey to shoot as well.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:53 AM

What "harsh draw cycle"? I shoot a Trykon and have yet to experience this mysterious phenomenon. Yes there is a distinct rollover, however that is inherent with the Cam & 1/2 (and the various copycats). That rollover isthe trade-off (and the reason) forthe incredible speeds that people (not manufacturers) are reporting. In my opinion, if the rollover is too much, then you are overbowed! My '00 Ultratec felt a hell of a lot harder to draw at 60 lbs than my Trykon at 62 lbs. Now I know all y'all are probably thinking that I'm a diehard Hoyt freak...but I'm not. I shot eight bows (made by three different manufacturers) for hours before I chose the Trykon. I liked the speed, the lack of hand-shock and the short ATA (for blind and treestand shooting). It felt good to me, and that's what it's all about isn't it?! And trust me...with the price of today's bows, brand loyalty takes a backseat to accomodating personal shooting styles.
When it comes to Hoyt or Mathews, Ford or Chevy,or Ginger or Maryann, don't take anybody's word for it...try 'em for yourself (especially Ginger and Maryann) and you decide!
By the way...Maryann!
Old 02-16-2006, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: cabage

i'm not in the market for a new rig but thought i'd give the ol trykon a look tonight at the shop. After a demo shoot i was unpleasantly suprised with its performance. I've never been strictly biased towards a company but i was a bit dissapointed in this bow. i wasn't shooting brand new arrows (just the demos) and this could have played a factor, but the draw cycle seemed very harsh, not smooth at all. And upon release, it had a particular jump in my hand and a buzz to it like when you hid a baseball off the handle. I was very dissapointed. last year i almost bought a vtec and expected something comprable to that rig but it was worlds different. I ended up with the switchback. It felt much better in my hand and at full draw not to mention the draw cycle is silky smooth. Its gravey to shoot as well.

Another "ghost shock and buzzing" claim. I just can't see where this is coming from. No buzz, no shock, no jumping (where in the hell did that come from, lol), no harsh draw cycle with the Trykon or the XL. I guess when these guys try out the new bows, from Hoyt to Bowtech, they have hyper-sensitivity syndrome. LOL. Just teasing, just teasing. Thats really too bad, because last week the Trykon XL helped me place first in my division in competition for 3 spot target, and I won't hesitate to take that gobbler or pig this year either with it. It would be the same way if I owned the premier flag bow from Bowtech or Matthews. Its about 2 things- how the bow feels in your hand, and what is your experience with archery. If you are a fairly good shot, none of the popular manufactured bows out there will inhibit your shooting process, just how sensitive you are to the mysterious "shock and awe" of whatever current bow is out there. LOL, Trykon having a buzz.....can't get over it.....

Quick Reply: Switch Back and Trykon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.