HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Switch Back and Trykon
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 08:53 AM
NCYankee

Default RE: Switch Back and Trykon

What "harsh draw cycle"? I shoot a Trykon and have yet to experience this mysterious phenomenon. Yes there is a distinct rollover, however that is inherent with the Cam & 1/2 (and the various copycats). That rollover isthe trade-off (and the reason) forthe incredible speeds that people (not manufacturers) are reporting. In my opinion, if the rollover is too much, then you are overbowed! My '00 Ultratec felt a hell of a lot harder to draw at 60 lbs than my Trykon at 62 lbs. Now I know all y'all are probably thinking that I'm a diehard Hoyt freak...but I'm not. I shot eight bows (made by three different manufacturers) for hours before I chose the Trykon. I liked the speed, the lack of hand-shock and the short ATA (for blind and treestand shooting). It felt good to me, and that's what it's all about isn't it?! And trust me...with the price of today's bows, brand loyalty takes a backseat to accomodating personal shooting styles.
When it comes to Hoyt or Mathews, Ford or Chevy,or Ginger or Maryann, don't take anybody's word for it...try 'em for yourself (especially Ginger and Maryann) and you decide!
By the way...Maryann!