HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Switch Back and Trykon
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Coyotestalker

Default RE: Switch Back and Trykon

ORIGINAL: cabage

i'm not in the market for a new rig but thought i'd give the ol trykon a look tonight at the shop. After a demo shoot i was unpleasantly suprised with its performance. I've never been strictly biased towards a company but i was a bit dissapointed in this bow. i wasn't shooting brand new arrows (just the demos) and this could have played a factor, but the draw cycle seemed very harsh, not smooth at all. And upon release, it had a particular jump in my hand and a buzz to it like when you hid a baseball off the handle. I was very dissapointed. last year i almost bought a vtec and expected something comprable to that rig but it was worlds different. I ended up with the switchback. It felt much better in my hand and at full draw not to mention the draw cycle is silky smooth. Its gravey to shoot as well.

Another "ghost shock and buzzing" claim. I just can't see where this is coming from. No buzz, no shock, no jumping (where in the hell did that come from, lol), no harsh draw cycle with the Trykon or the XL. I guess when these guys try out the new bows, from Hoyt to Bowtech, they have hyper-sensitivity syndrome. LOL. Just teasing, just teasing. Thats really too bad, because last week the Trykon XL helped me place first in my division in competition for 3 spot target, and I won't hesitate to take that gobbler or pig this year either with it. It would be the same way if I owned the premier flag bow from Bowtech or Matthews. Its about 2 things- how the bow feels in your hand, and what is your experience with archery. If you are a fairly good shot, none of the popular manufactured bows out there will inhibit your shooting process, just how sensitive you are to the mysterious "shock and awe" of whatever current bow is out there. LOL, Trykon having a buzz.....can't get over it.....