HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Switch Back and Trykon
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 03:49 PM
WBowhunt

Default RE: Switch Back and Trykon

I am a die-hard Hoyt Fan. Have been loyal to thier Bows for a long long time. When I saw the Trykon advertised. I was excited, as I was thinking it was about time to upgrade. When I went out to Test Fire the Trykon, I have to say I was for the first time Disappointed in Hoyt's Design. The Trykon is rather short axle to axle and seemed to me to be rather heavy for it's Size. I was testing a bow w/ cam and 1/2 80% let off. I about punched myself in the face in the last 2-3 in. The drop off was so drastic. I was more interested in the Trykon XL for it's size, but they did not have one in stock to try. I was told however that if you get thr Trykon or Trykon XL with the 65% cam and 1/2s it is not as drastic. I was also told that all bows with this new parallel design are like this, as they have to be to get the speed. Now as I said, I am a die hard Hoyt guy. But I tried one of Bow-Tech's new bows w/ the high let off and it was a very nice smooth drawing bow. I think I am just going to kept my hoyt 200 for another year or two and see what comes out next. Thinking about moving to traditional anyway. Good luck and keep lettin' the arrows fly...