Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Negavtive Posts

Old 09-15-2011, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
The bottom line is a quality salesman will always tell the truth, or say nothing. You never hear a quality salesman downplay another's product. He only talks up his product.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

The problem with these forum thingies is you can't see the other fellow's tongue in cheek. Next thing you know, you are going off half ****ed.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Spike

All I know is it was posts from people like Sabotloader,Cayugad,Semisane and others on this forum that got me to join this forum. If you were to read all 67 pages of posts you would see that they have gave us all some good information and have saved some of us a bunch of time and money in testing of new and old products over the years.(How they come up with the test products just dont matter to me) So all I can say is THANK YOU for share your knowledge with us.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
OK Shane let me ask you this... at the risk of raising the anger level around here.... Why do you feel the need to protect me or us from the 'Shill'?

Am I not old enough or capable of making my own decisions? Or can not we make a decision on such matters? Are we blind?

And going a little further... If this problem really irritates you and a few others as much as it seems, why not collect the information and facts and turn them over to someone that has the authority to protect us - like the site administrator or moderator. When they make their decision then we can all react to that one way or the other.

I (just me now) am really getting tired of a couple of you forum cops without a badge jumping and turning threads into a mess. If you do not like who is posting ignore them and allow us to make our own decisions as we read through the threads.

And just so you know I think I also qualify in this shill area.... for the reason indicated in red.

I have accepted many items over the years from:

Speer - Nosler - TC - Winchester - Remington - Knight - Sako - Tikka - Savage - Lehigh - Bloodlines - Brownels - Natchez - Cabelas - Harvester - MMP - Track of the Wolf - RMC Sports - White Muzzleloder - Bull Shop Bullets - No Excuse - Morgan Recoil Pads - almost forgot other forum members

And many more - does that make me a spokesman for any of them - I doubt it...

And in that list I certainly do have favorites because they work so well for me and I will naturally tell you about the ones that work well and a lot less about the ones that did not.

So if you and a couple of other would let it go and let the administration handle anything they deem a problem... things might go a lot smoother here.

This forum is not a COURT...

Sorry everyone

not trying to protect anyone... just calling out the BS that the unamed shill is putting out...

your right it is not court so, why do you feel the need to defend yourself? I'm not!!!

follow your own advise, if you have a problem with us calling him out on BS, collect your info and turn it over to the admins... untill then hit the ignore button!!!!!

dont doubt it making you a spokesman for them, you are... well at least Knight, lehigh, swift, and MMP.... but at least you put the time in on the forum to help wherever you can and to answer questions, actually being a real help.... But your alter ego shows up to push the products hard and thats about it.....

And lastly, why do you feel compelled to protect the BSer, nobody has been dogging you so, why do you care so much??? so, who is the cop?? remember, i am the bad guy!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

Cant we all just get along ?

Jason
Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

My problem is that I'm not going to recommend a poor product to someone on here asking about what they should use. Especially a new guy. Where some of the guys on here clearly will recommend a crappy product because they get that item free in return for recommending it.

If no one tells him that there are much better products, that new guy is going to listen to the person that chimes in pushing that product, not knowing that he may be pushing it because he is compensated, and he is going to use it. When he has a bad experience it's going to turn him against muzzle loaders all together or maybe even hunting, which I don't want.

For example a friend uses Power Belts and refuses to use anything else. Every deer he shoots he has trouble finding from a lack of a blood trail. We have tried to talk him into try something else, as most all of the rest of us in the hunting group have switched, yet he refuses to try anything else since that's what the guys at the store that sold him his muzzle loader told him would work best in it. Instead, he tells everyone that will listen how when you shoot a deer with a muzzle loader, you just don't get a blood trail, or how often you lose deer when shooting them with a muzzle loader. This kind of thing happens more than I care to admit, and when someone is looking for advice, I'm going to be honest about the product with them. If it's a good product I will make sure I tell them that, if it's a bad product, I'm not just going to be quite so that they only hear the good side from the guys receiving free products from that company.

Now, this being said, 99% of the people on here are great guys, and this isn't an issue with them as they seem to be honest and give good reviews of products along with being willing to help. So this isn't a big issue on this forum for me, but it is a small issue with a very small portion of this site. It's been a much bigger issue on other sites however.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

INRecordBookBuck

First I want to say that I am not making a lot of sense of what you your response is saying - and I am honestly trying...

not trying to protect anyone... just calling out the BS that the unamed shill is putting out...
It is BS to you and I believe you believe that - I also think it is not BS to the shill he or she honetly believes what he is saying also. At that point is where I get to exercise my rights to make my own decision.

your right it is not court so, why do you feel the need to defend yourself? I'm not!!!
I do not get this one who am I defending other than the forum and possibly you. I feel but do not know that you fell into the rants and writings of SWThomas a past moderator here who felt the same as you do, even though he does not seem to post here any longer his legacy remains intact with you acting his part.

follow your own advise, if you have a problem with us calling him out on BS, collect your info and turn it over to the admins... untill then hit the ignore button!!!!!
I would be fairly easy to do that either one of the two but I am not sure you are getting the point - this thread is not about the writing of Grouse - it is you and a few others that are the interupter and it is you that is drawing this thread. It does not need to be that way. Maybe follow you advice - if Grouse posts drive you nuts - use the ignore button as many others do.

dont doubt it making you a spokesman for them, you are... well at least Knight, lehigh, swift, and MMP.... but at least you put the time in on the forum to help wherever you can and to answer questions, actually being a real help....
and all of this goes back to what I said iniatially... if the product works for me I talk about it. The products you mentioned above are excellent and work very well within their design features. That is really the basis for this forum - sharing information. NOT ALL PEOPLE are going to feel the same and what is wrong with that. Your rants seem to follow the pattern if you got it free you should not post about it.

But your alter ego shows up to push the products hard and thats about it.....
I am not much on pysco-mumble jumble -so can not tell you much about my alter-ego... but if you are referring to Grouse pushing products that work for him - yep he does right along with me and a lot of other folks that find something that really works and then expressing our opinion - nothing says it is fact it is our opinion - from there you as a forum member can and should make your own assesments.

And lastly, why do you feel compelled to protect the BSer, nobody has been dogging you so, why do you care so much???
I do care... I care because I really like this forum and I really dis-like it when you and the groupie or when SW are trying drive a wedge in it trying to divide it. There are some really great people on here with a ton of information. Not all of it do I like or use but I certainly do not try to purposely jump in and yell or print BS or disrupt the posts so I can make a personal claim of my own -

so, who is the cop?? remember, i am the bad guy!!!
At this moment in my and only my book you are... The worst part you really do not need to be - people on this forum may not be as dumb or blind as you think they might be.

It would also be my suggestion if you want to follow through more on this subject - lets do it through the PM system - we are just taking up valuable space and boring a lot of folks that do not need to be bored.

mike

Last edited by sabotloader; 09-16-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 AM
mountaineer magic

Maybe we should have a "sticky" titled. Rants and negative posts. Then when someone reads something they don't like or a post from someone they don't like they can go there and say what they want to say. That way the original thread doesn't get destroyed and anyone who doesn't want to read the rants
or personal attacks don't have to be subjected to them in the thread. If someone wants to follow the drama they would be welcome to go to that thread.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Wow is this thing going off again. When I posted I had no one in mind. Grouse I find to be very well rounded in the sport of muzzleloading we all love. And he has made it no secrect of his relationship with LeHigh-Knight and others. So what INR if he is. Like I said any adult can read thru the BS. I for one have bought numerous product pushed or shilled as some say and have found all so far to be great. My Knight Disc-Lehigh's no complaints from me. But on the first day of the season my T/C PH will be with me loaded with a shockwave.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Spike

Well damn I'm the new guy. I don't have time this Sally crap. I need to get
Some straight good answers and I look foward to the older ones on here. Now
I seem to spend more time reading about your hissy fits with each other instead
Of reading more important stuff. So you boys suck it up and get tough.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.