Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate? >

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

gjersey---I have NEVER said that high fence and fair chase are the SAME thing!!! Do you believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus too?! My God man, sure things are done illegally in every facet of life, but you just keep spouting more BS about those ranches and that's all it is. The places you are talking about are not the ones I'm talking about. Can you not read and comprehend what I keep stating?? Yes, the captive places that raise their OWN animals also artificially inseminate does and a straw of semen from some of those northern bucks can go for $10,000 a pop! Is your's worth that much because you seem to be the know it all and top dog on Texas when you've never been near Texas and have openly admitted that you don't know anything about it. Now after that comment you have come back with absolute nonsense most of the time about what I'm discussing! I'm done because there is absolutely no discussing this with people who just state things that are not fact and want people to believe them.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 01-01-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Iv been looking up diffrent high fenced hunts on the net everyone i see says 100 percent sucsess rate.theres a write up in pertersen magazine where they do one of these hunts,seems they didnt find it very challenging since the owner just drove them up to where he knew they would be
Old 01-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry Top gun, i understood what you are talking about, maybe I, you or both of us are one tract minded? But, please, don't insult my intelligence. Catch you later, maybe we'll agree on the next thread.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

topgun, my statement about trapping a bull between the fence and me was made really to muleys statement.

And i think 47 sq miles might have more fair chase on it than some other types of hunting.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am curious, if given a choice, would you be for sportsmanship (something which is extremely emotional and variable between individuals) or a wise use of natural resources (somethig very empirical and fact driven)? I have watched carefully as this thread has developed, I'd like to know. Be honest.

Go...

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 01-01-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think for myself that they are so closely tied together that I wouldn't even want to make that choice.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
I am curious, if given a choice, would you be for sportsmanship (something which is extremely emotional and variable between individuals) or a wise use of natural resources (somethig very empirical and fact driven)? I have watched carefully as this thread has developed, I'd like to know. Be honest.

Go...
There would never be a need for a choice. Two different things. Anyone worth their salt, would not stand for anything less than both.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
There would never be a need for a choice. Two different things. Anyone worth their salt, would not stand for anything less than both.
I agree, to be either just one or the other would make a person very narrow minded.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dang skinnnner, we finally agree on something, LOL! Happy New Year Bro and everyone else too!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Spike

I don't like it because when the fence is built they capture any wildlife in their enclosure thus making it private property. In Texas where I live and hunt wildlife is a public resource.

That being said I believe in private property rights and if someone wants to high fence his own property he has the right to do so. It is not fair chase hunting by any stretch of the imagination.

In Texas its getting to where only the wealthy can afford to hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.