Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate? >

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Fair Chase vs High Fence Hunting Debate?

Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe in fair chase. To me that is what is what hunting is all about. I dont have nothing against someone that hunts a high fenced or ranch. I know everyone dont have the time or oppritunity to hunt good grounds so they do what they have to do. To each his own.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

High fence, low fence, no fence........

So long as a person is hunting within the laws of the area being hunted I've no issues with it.

Like Huckleberry has pointed out many pages ago, (yeah I read about 80% of them) the high fenced ranches out west have done a huge amount of good for wildlife.

By that I am of course referring to preservation of game animals that would now be extinct if not for those ranches.

So for me that alone is more than enough reason to support them & I do so.

Huckleberry,

While you were on your Ausie hunt for buffalo did you have a chance to try & take a salt water croc? ? I've read that those are the largest of all crocs, which would be added spice to what I'd consider a very interesting hunt.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Craig,

The crocs are off limits to non-aboriginal people. We camped by a river and you could see their eyes at night. But there were none of significant size. I would have loved a photo. I did a little fishing and was told not to cast too often from the same spot. I also found myself cast from five yards away from the water's edge...it was a self preservation thing.

The darn snakes had me watching every step while I pursued the water buffs. Oz is a very neat place to visit.

LUCKY, Sorry for the late response. I sent you a pm. give me a call.

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 01-23-2013 at 04:25 PM.