Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2009 spring bear hunt

Old 04-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2009 spring bear hunt

It' supposed to be in the mid 50's to mid 60's the week I'm hunting. I normally go (last 10 years) the 3rd week of May throughout Canada i.e. Manitoba, Sask. Alberta and New Brunswick. I agreed to go this week (early) because Tom Nelson (American Archer) is going to be in camp filming and he's the one that referred me to this outfitter 2 years ago.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still haven't been out yet to check my baits but I know a few guys that have and their baits have been hit. Hopefully I will get out on thursday.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

keep me posted....
Old 04-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting partners went out on sunday. I had to work[:@]. My new bait site that I nicknamed the swamp funnel got hammered!! The site got all tore up. About 250lbs of bait is gone......... Bad thing is I can't hunt it till next week. All but one other site was hit but lightly.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

My new bait site that I nicknamed the swamp funnel got hammered!! The site got all tore up. About 250lbs of bait is gone......... Bad thing is I can't hunt it till next week. All but one other site was hit but lightly.
I know the feeling man!! Every year It seems when we make the 4.5 hour drive back home after a week long hunt the baits usually start to heat up again. It really drives me nuts, specially If I'm without a bear.

Good luck sandiland, I'm pulling for ya!! Shoot straight!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

18" or bust for me,. I know its not much but I have a friend from another site that can't hunt b/c of cancer. I told him its book for mb or bust..... really want a p&y for the guy. I'm holding out for the right one this yr. Enuf baits out to wait. Its gonna be a good yr...... my bait wasn't hit for aniother month last yr,....... I'm hunting in my sleep.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

18" or bust for me,. I know its not much but I have a friend from another site that can't hunt b/c of cancer. I told him its book for mb or bust..... really want a p&y for the guy.
Good luck with that, an 18 Incher Is a damn nice skull!! I wish your friend the best, I hope he gets through the cancer.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same here..Good Luck!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sandilands

18" or bust for me,. I know its not much but I have a friend from another site that can't hunt b/c of cancer. I told him its book for mb or bust..... really want a p&y for the guy. I'm holding out for the right one this yr. Enuf baits out to wait. Its gonna be a good yr...... my bait wasn't hit for aniother month last yr,....... I'm hunting in my sleep.
Good luck!

Encouraging info here, Guys!
Almost makes me want to start bear hunting this Sept...
Maybe next year, as I'll have to plan for the extra work tending too baits 1 3/4 hours away @ my camp.
However, this area @ my camp is one of the best spots in NH!!!
I popped a nice bear the 1st year I archery hunted back in 1994.
Unfortunately inexperience and rain didn't help me recoup the arrowed bear.
They are everywhere!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only got to check 2 bait sites today. I went out with a a hunting partner for the afternoon to check things out...... we had troubles with his rhino and didn't get to all sites. Both the sites that we checked were hit. I hope to be sitting in a treestand on saturday night....... ok maybe not I just remembered I might have to be the DD for my girlfriend and a cpl of her friends.[:@]I'll try to be out soon...... I'm stoked!

Quick Reply: 2009 spring bear hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.