Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Moose Hunting in New Hampshire?? >

Moose Hunting in New Hampshire??

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Moose Hunting in New Hampshire??

Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Moose Hunting in New Hampshire??

Does anyone try for a moose tag in New HAmpshire. What is a good area to apply for?? I would love to help. I have a uncle in law that is wants us to apply. Not sure which area has big Moose and great access
Old 03-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moose Hunting in New Hampshire??

I killed one in 2003. Look on Nh website it will give you the success of each zones in previous years. I know A-1 and A-2 are the places to draw. I shot mine in C-1 or C-2. I cant remember. It was near the town of Stark. If you draw I have friends that could help you out.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:00 AM
car
Typical Buck

I have app for 3 years without drawing.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

when you apply do you get to pick a zone or do you just get put in one. I plan to apply for a long time. I guess the draw odds are 1-55. So if i put some time in over my life maybe i will get lucky. Any help is appreciated, Thanks guys for the input.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:51 PM
car
Typical Buck

Yes I put in for areas. This year I just want the point. I have other hunting plans for the year and don't want to take the chance that I would draw a moose tag.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:30 PM

Keep in mind if you apply for a-b up North like everyone else, your chances are lower... Find a good medium between large Moose (you may be dragging 900 lbs out of ROUGH ROUGH country (or it may fall on a road!) and even with 4 people it will take a while...) A 700 pound "small" Moose is still a whole lotta meat. Others had good advise-go to the NH Fish and Game site and review the harvest rates for the zones... Make sure you submit in time! There is lots of info there historically so you can see whats best for you. I would not recommend all the way down South nor all the way up North but everyone has their own opinion I have applied once again (and am resident) and will see if I get drawn this year.
Good luck

Anton
WMU-K
New Hampshire, The Live Free or Die State
Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

i've been trying for 8 years w out success, although I did pull a ME tag back in 99 which produced a nice bull w 45" spread. self hunt all the way, the scouting and hunt was an incredible experience-- lived in NH for years, lots of game up in those top 5 or 6 zones-- Have deer hunted for years along rt 16 N of Berlin, along ME border. great moose country. My in laws are in Jackson, zones E1-E3 are also chock full of moose-- good luck, strongly recommend doing it yourself vs a guide. The meat is my absolute favorite of all game-- don't give too much away...