Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 SW New Hampshire Deer hunting >

SW New Hampshire Deer hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

SW New Hampshire Deer hunting

Old 01-10-2006, 11:59 AM
jf5

Default SW New Hampshire Deer hunting

In your opinion, is it worth it for an out of stater to pay the cash to hunt there??
Old 01-10-2006, 01:24 PM

Default RE: SW New Hampshire Deer hunting

I personally like the hunting in SW NH. I have spent a lot of time in the Rindge area and find some of the perks of the area are low hunter densities and quality of the genetics. My best New England rack came out of a swamp in SW NH. The deer numbers aren't great, but they are there and finding property is easier than in most areas.

Very good turkey area to!
Old 01-10-2006, 03:09 PM
jf5

Thanks. I am aware of the low deer density, but will trade it for allot of room. As long as there is some deer to hunt, I won;t mind. I have permission to hunt private (but open) land near Pisgah SP andthe season opens so much earlier than MA (gun)

Also looking at a possible few days up north too...
Old 01-10-2006, 07:34 PM

it is worth the cash as MAJAY said. How much does a resident ma. license cost? probably more than a Non-resident NH license. I am not sure of that but I know ma. license are pretty steep!! and the laws they have on gun use/ownership are crazy!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

The nicest benefit as opposed to MA is you get to hunt Sundays. A non-resident firearms license is over $100 now, not sure exactly what it is, archery I think runs around $50-60, I know they raised them recently, not sure but those numbers are close.

The Keene area has lots of farms along the river, good land, good racks, could run into private land a bit, move out from Keene a bit and you should be all set.