Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31) >

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Old 10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rained out & it's like a monsoon.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Spike

Hi guys
We went to the farm last Tues night. I got to hunt 4 of the 5 days we were there.....it certainly was not fun...but I did get to hunt. Lots of does and their small ones. A dozen or so small bucks and lots and lots of rain. Almost 4 inches in 24 hours. It was a total mess getting around.
Saturday morning was the best day. I deceided to stay in the woods until 11:30am. It was about 38 degrees and sunny. First sun I had seen in 3 days!! Anyway, at 11:10 I deceided to hell with it, I was hungry and needed coffee. I buttoned up my bow, put the sling on and lowered it to the ground, started to put my back pack on and climb down. Got my right arm in the strap of the pack and my left arm got hung up in the strap and an orange vest that was attached to my pack....kids weekend with guns!....so as I was trying to get untangled, guess what.....oh yes, that's right.....a BEAUTIFUL 10 point, 130ish, came running right at me and stopped on the other side of a cedar tree...about 19 yards. He turned and came around behind me...14 yards...he knew something was up but didn't see or wind me....I LOVE that Predator camo!!!
Anyway, there I was, tangled in my backpack and vest, looking at my bow and release at the bottom of my tree stand. Happy Halloween to me... what fun. He was only about 2 years old so he'll be better next year. That evening, I had a real tall 8 come in to my stand but never got within range while I still had pin light.
I'm going back the 11th of Nov. to bow hunt 2 days before gun season opens.
I hope some of you are having better luck than me.
More later. Good luck to all of you. Hunt safe.
Diann
Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heading out right now to pick up Daughter. She will be with as much as possible in the next 3 weeks & i will try not to miss any days. Had 2 more Bucks on trail cam by my stand but only one a shooter for daughter. I have seen TWO that I would shoot IF they get close enough.
Good Luck. Rain did a number on all of us I think AND WIND. We've got that now....
Old 11-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

evening b/4-2 Does right at dark 100 yds away & a HUGE Skunk that walked under our stand.
Yesterday evening-Saw ZERO anything-very high winds.
headed out again today...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Spike

Hunter55

Are the winds still blowing where you are?? My farm is also on the Iowa/Ill border. 3 miles from Iowa and about 30 from Illinois. Memphis, MO. Where are you located? Last week hunting was a little rough with the rain and the winds.
I'm going back up the 11th for a couple of days of bow hunting before gun season opens.
Good Luck
D.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Left Saturday afternoon/evening and got down to the farm and settled in. Sunday morning I saw 3 bucks and 4 does with none being within range and honestly, no shooters in the bunch anyways. One buck was chasing a doe. That evening saw an 8 pt moving thru some thick stuff 45 yds infront of me around last light. Monday I saw nothing on stand and I was starting to get down, a coyote came in at 15 yds and all I could do is watch him parade around infront of me for a min before walking thru the food plot 10 yds broadside and head into the woods, love having my bow and pack on the ground for that one. That evening I saw nothing again. Tuesday morning brought in a doe and a fawn and in the evening I saw a doe and a spike. Windy most of the time and the full moon probably didn’t help with them able to eat all nite under the lite conditions. Trying to get back down there next week before gun season opens up.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Went to the farm last weekend hosting some boy scouts that I'm teaching to bow hunt. They all had a great time seeing many deer from the field stands but not getting any shots. They didn't see any bucks until they were packed in the car and driving home. An 8-pointer crossed the road 100 yards from the farm house.

Didn't get a lot of time hunting myself as I was "guiding" this past weekend. Was tough getting them to sit more than 3-4 hours, especially in the wind and rain.

Heading back up this next week for some intense hunting. Will be trying to get as much time in the stand as possible so hopefully will be bringing home one for the scoreboard. Good luck to everyone on seeing deer the rest of bow season. I've got about 10 days left before the guns come alive.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm 45 min from Wis. & right next to Miss. River-Ill. is on the other side. I'm N.E. Iowa.
Yes, still windy. 25 MPH yesterday & the tree was a swingin all evening. 1 lone little 6 at quitting time.
No hunting today but took a WALK checking all the sign in the area. Just starting scrapes in our area. Everything has been RIGHT at dark except 2 Does that passed 35 yds away Tuesday but did not offer Daughter a shot.
I'm adding all my info up from my area & I'm guessing next week should be good for ALL of us in the midwest. I told daughter we will be out everyday-Windy, Rainin or whatever the next 10 days for sure. Good Luck to all. I have to get my little girl (35 years old) a Deer b/4 I can start shootin-unless she's not along. I'm even passing Does as I want HER to get anything with her Bow. She's been very dedicated & she's deadly on a target at 25 yds with Broadheads. She's been laying the scent trails & started the callin the other evening. I explain WHY I do everything.
Anyway-good luck to all-when we start putting them on the board we WILL be #1....
Old 11-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

I feel good about this weekend for the team, I just have a feeling. I will leave you with that. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had some family health problems (not me) so may NOt get out tomorrow or Sunday & I know Monday I have to have wife in Iowa City for a 1pm appt so thats out. Rest of week will be everyday. good luck to all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.