Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21) >

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Old 10-08-2009, 03:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
here is the deer ive let walk for the last 2 years this is the year,,,,,,,now i have that plan i probably will never see him or he wont get into range.......any ideas what he might score
Nice buck guesstimate would be around 150-160 Hope you don't pass him this year. Good Luck!
Old 10-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

That's a great buck, funky. No idea what he'd score, but plenty; got my fingers crossed for you.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

I got out with my daughter last week and she missed a 6 point buck. It was an awesome hunt though. I have shot 2 does so far and passed up a 140-150 class buck. The area I am in right now has bigger deer, and it is early, so I am going to wait and see what I can come up with. I am going out in the morning again to see what happens. It is supposed to be in the 20's, so the deer should be moving. Good luck and good hunting everyone.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Spike

this really sucks, im typing this message from a hospital bed, bored off my hind end, good thing laptop and thr outdoor channel, bad thing surgury tomarrow and they wont let my wife stay with me. But i will garentee i will be back in the tree by tues morning or afternoon..........my appendex almost ruptured will i was hunting this morning had to have help getting out of the tree, but my hat will always be off to the HSS safty vest, if it wasnt for that vest being on i would have hit the ground....GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU,,it will be a good weekend with this cold weather moving in.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funky, glad you're ok. I never get in a tree with out my HSS vest on, you just never know what might happen.
We are also headed out tomorrow morning for some tree sitting. Over night temps in the 30's. This should help get the deer moving about. It has also rained pretty steady the last day or so. Man it should be a good day.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Omigosh funky. Glad you got on the ground safely and have had your appendix dealt with. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Woodline, that's quite a buck to pass up. Good luck to you, and especially to your daughter.

Yesterday the deer were really active. From my ground blind, once daylight arrived, I counted no less than 30 whitetails and a dozen mule deer making their way up the hill to bedding areas. Nothing gave me an opportunity, however. All the bucks I saw, probably about 10, were small ones.

So at midday I took a swing through my favorite out-of-bounds neighborhood and found the 5-pt I mentioned awhile ago. Got several pictures of him.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had a great day in the woods considering we didn't put one on the ground. The cold night got them moving. We saw at least 2 dozen deer on the drive in. My buddy saw at least 2 dozen deer from his stand in the morning including a couple nice shooter bucks. At one time he counted 13 deer. Too many eyes to try to draw. Myself, I saw 9 deer including a fairly nice 8 at 6;30 pm that walked a line to my stand from 70 yards out. Not once did this buck move so it was behind a tree. It passed the front of my stand at 5 yards. I can't count how many times this buck looked up at me with it's nose going 240 trying to figure me out. I never was able to draw on this buck. If this buck had walked behind me it would have been an easy draw and a 10 yard shot. It was a fun game of chess with this guy. Not to bummed as there are bigger bucks roaming around. All and all a good day in the woods...
Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like a fine day you had there, BUCKMARK.

I was out twice this weekend and have nothing to show for it. The weather got suddenly really cold and I thought the deer would be extra active. There were a few about, but they mostly seemed to be holed up, perhaps in cover where it was a little warmer.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
this really sucks, im typing this message from a hospital bed, bored off my hind end, good thing laptop and thr outdoor channel, bad thing surgury tomarrow and they wont let my wife stay with me. But i will garentee i will be back in the tree by tues morning or afternoon..........my appendex almost ruptured will i was hunting this morning had to have help getting out of the tree, but my hat will always be off to the HSS safty vest, if it wasnt for that vest being on i would have hit the ground....GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU,,it will be a good weekend with this cold weather moving in.
Wow sorry to hear that. Glad you will be okay and no worries you won't miss anything. The best is yet to come and you will be there before you know it. Get well, do what the doc and your wife says then go drop a brute.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

canuck, could that photo be any cooler? Wow great pic well done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.