Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21) >

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
deer movement has come to a stop, dont know why,,,been hunting hard for the last 4 days, maybe seen 5.......nothing with any size,,,going to give it another try tomarrow,,maybe see more,,keeping fingers crossed. Has anybody heard about the giant killed in Illinois, only heard a couple of stories, would like to see a pic
We where out today and it is the first time that we didn't see at least 1 deer between the two of us in god knows how long. Mere words can't describe how I feel. The guys on the other side of the raod saw deer and put an 8 pointer on the ground. Just can't figure it out. Could have somrthing to do with all the corn that is still standing and surrounds the timber where we hunt. Anyway there is still plenty of time to hunt.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Spike

got a question about surgury,,,,i had my appendex removed on monday,,,,the infection had finally gone away enough for them to go in,,i know sounds weird,,anyway does anybody know how long i will be down for this, the docs are telling me 4 to 6 weeks and i dont see this happining,, i would really like to get back to work and in the tree,,,the only good thing it gives me a good chance to watch the deer from a distance.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out this weekend, Kinda slow, did see some chasing, also had a nice size 6 milling around, offered a nice 30 yard shot but I decided to pass with the rut kicking in full blast very shortly. My buddy put a small one on the ground for some meat. He left his decoy out overnight and in the morning it was in pieces and the ground was all tore up. I guess that nice 8 he saw at last light didn't like his decoy...LOL
Old 11-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Typical Buck

It sounds like you guys are getting into some good action. I have been out 3 or 4 times a week the last couple of weeks with very little luck. I have seen some little bucks, but nothing of any sign. I start vacation this Saturday and will be doing all day sits until I can put that buck on the ground, or my vacation is up. I will post back as soon as I have one on the ground. Good luck and good hunting everyone.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are going to take a few wxtra days this coming weekend as the rut is kicking in and also the are hopefully going to get around to cutting the corn. Either way it should be a good weekend to be out...
Old 11-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Spike

big boys are chasing hard,,in my area,,finally got back in the tree seena really good 8pt hot on a does,,been seeing a lot of reqlly nice deer after dark, maybe the next couple of days will pay off,,,,,breaking the old decoy out.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

FM, I have no idea about how long appendix surgery takes to mend, but take it easy. There's nothing worse than getting set back further than where you started because of trying to proceed too fast.

Bucks here have become very scarce - in fact, the does are pretty shy, too. Things should heat up here within about a week.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Spike

got in trouble by the doc today, cause of how fast i went back to doing normal stuff, but he did release to go back to work on the 16th,,,went sat in the stand to today for a good while,,seen 2 deer one little 4pt and a decent buck but not a shooter,,maybe a 125 inch 8,,going to put the decoy out with some good scent from mdp scent,,alot of scapes in this area (more than i have seen in the last 6 years) found a rub by the tree i hunt that went up about 3 inches above my head im 5'9,,,,ive seen this deer and so has my buddy, we bothe agree he would easily go in the 180's,,,,got a filling this week is the week.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

I was able to snort wheeze in a 135 - 140 inch buck yesterday morning, but not a buck that I wanted to harvest. I am really excited for the upcoming week. The bucks are just starting to look for does, and the corn should start coming out faster in the next week. I will let you know as soon as I get one on the ground.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Passes a small 8 yesterday, not much to him, found a good used trail on the edge of my food plot though that looks like it could be a winner, rubs all along it, Setting the stand up today and hunting it tomorrow mornin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.