Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21) >

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Drop Tine Terminators Thread (21)

Old 10-15-2009, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see you guys making out in the woods, I am still stuck here in Mexico working but I will be in Carroll County Illinois in 9 days... Pretty stoked about my first trip to Illinois as well as my first hunt of the season....

I'll check in with you guys if I do any good in Illinois, best of luck to all of you till then!!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still huntin, seein anywhere from a couple to 20 deer a sit, just all does or small bucks, good news is a scrape on the edge of my food plot with decent tracks around it, May go try a new spot in the AM, IDK still undecisive.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Spike

well i finally got into the tree,, shot a very young does with spots last night ( good eating),,,, was leaveing one of my spots this morning and caught one of ours bucks bedded on top of a gob hill got within 23 yards and took the shot.. it was pretty far back cause of the way he was laying,,decided to give him the afternoon and the night to give it up.. Hopefully find him tomarrow...... Me and a buddy of both agree he might score in the mid to high 140 range, but hopefully we will see.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TexasBowHunter
Glad to see you guys making out in the woods, I am still stuck here in Mexico working but I will be in Carroll County Illinois in 9 days... Pretty stoked about my first trip to Illinois as well as my first hunt of the season....

I'll check in with you guys if I do any good in Illinois, best of luck to all of you till then!!!!
You guys should call when you are in town. Might be able to hook up and meet you all. My hunting spot is not to far from where you guys will be.

Funkey, good luck finding your buck, I was just thinking of who might be the first one from our team to put us on the board.

As for me, we are heading out Saturday morning, Hope to get one of the nicer bucks in range for a shot. Getting pumped up thinking about it...
Old 10-17-2009, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Hey all

Still alive been out a few times seen a number of deer, no shooters yet going to start getting good from here on out just got to get the time in the stand. Hope yall are doing well and are getting to get in the stand will check in in a few days .

Good Luck

Shane
Old 10-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
You guys should call when you are in town. Might be able to hook up and meet you all. My hunting spot is not to far from where you guys will be.

Funkey, good luck finding your buck, I was just thinking of who might be the first one from our team to put us on the board.

As for me, we are heading out Saturday morning, Hope to get one of the nicer bucks in range for a shot. Getting pumped up thinking about it...
BUCKMARK,
There will be a couple other guys from this site there too, (One of them is SCBigBuckHunter: aka Andy, he is on this team too) the other guy is SCRemington 700: aka Dave... I think those guys will be getting into camp on Friday 23rd, as for me and my father in law we will be rolling into camp Sunday the 25th and will be there through the 31st of November... Shoot me a e-mail with your contact number and we will definitely get in touch with you!!!! cc_mullins at yahoo dot com....

Best of luck in the stand fella's!!!!

Last edited by TexasBowHunter; 10-17-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Operation Mock Scrape has started, put out 5 mocks today, goin to hunt two of them tomorrow, Hopefully I can pull something off. Weather feels great here, supposed to get pretty cold tonight, and from the tracks I am seeing the big boys are moving a little more often now.
Good luck to everyone in the woods this week, Funky hope you have found that deer bro, sounds like a good one.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Typical Buck

Departed from home late this afternoon, hoping to find a buck or two. Headed up a hill, got about 200 yards from the truck, and spotted deer up above. So I hooked up my release, nocked an arrow, donned mask and gloves, and went into stealth mode. The deer were over a ridge, probably still 100+ yards away as I slithered past a big pine with brush around it, when I was surprised to see a lady hunter parked at the base of it with a rifle. With a quick, quiet conversation, I learned that her husband was somewhere on the same hill, also hunting with rifle. So I backed out and went home for some pizza.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Headed out tomorrow to try again, The weather has been just down right nasty here the last couple days. It's been windy and rainy like crazy. The good news is the rain is going to stop and the winds will die down overnight. So that being said the deer should be out moving in the morning.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Spike

deer movement has come to a stop, dont know why,,,been hunting hard for the last 4 days, maybe seen 5.......nothing with any size,,,going to give it another try tomarrow,,maybe see more,,keeping fingers crossed. Has anybody heard about the giant killed in Illinois, only heard a couple of stories, would like to see a pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.