Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3) >

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

Old 09-24-2009, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happy late birthday Crazed. I too remember 18. Not as long ago but still 26 years ago. Good luck in 9 days. I'll be heading out again this weekend. Weather was so hot and dry the last 2 weekends I was seeing nothing. Total of 4 deer in 6 sits so far. We got some rain and we are supposed to get more this weekend. I will still be out and I hope the activity picks up. Good luck to everyone else heading out.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Spike

Man I wish i was still 18 lol. I think i still got the mentality of an 18 year old. I just turned 30 which was pretty depressing by itself. Good luck all on the season a head of us. I passed on a bunch of small bucks already in hopes to find a 12 pt that was hanging around and a large 8 pt.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Spike

Well no bucks this weekend. Shot a nice doe yesterday morning. The area i was hunting is a management hunt, where you have to kill a doe first, well I got that part out of the way. I'll be out next Sat, I'll let you know how it goes,
Old 09-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone. Good job on the doe Kreager. Still got 6 days till season here and have been seeing the one big 8 pretty regularly so hopefully i can put my tag on him. Chopping corn around here right now, so I am not sure to what extent it is gonna effect deer movement.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw 6 bucks this weekend and no does. We are earn a buck but tags carry over from the year before. I have 2 buck tags and want to get some for next year now. Anyway the only buck that would have been a shooter for me was a 7 pointer but he was with 2 fork horns and a spike. Just no way to draw without spooking the others. Never seen a bachlor groupl this late in the season. Weather is finally starting to cool down so this weekend is looking better than they have been.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Well the temperatures are cool and my gear is ready....BUT.....at our year-end 3-d archery club shoot, half way through the range my cable broke on my bow...got about third the way back and snap...the cable broke and ruined my roller guard(mathews). So my pro shop owner told me that it will be until the weekend until he could get the parts in to fix it.

Season starts on thursday but you can still be I will be in the woods with a good buddy's bow....fits me and i shoot great with it so wish me luck and good luck to all of you and no matter what happened...IM SO PUMPED!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Thought I would just check in and see what was going on and to say I am still here. I see some are getting out. I want to say GOOD LUCK TO THE TEAM & STAY SAFE!!! Well-my opener is just hours away and the one day I wait for all year, and the weather lady says its going to rain not just a little its supposed to be a wash out!! Boy I hope she is wrong this time! Just something about the opening morning for me.I will stay tuned to the weather channel. I am so ready and I will be out as soon as I can!! Go & Gettem Team!!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bhunter50
Well the temperatures are cool and my gear is ready....BUT.....at our year-end 3-d archery club shoot, half way through the range my cable broke on my bow...got about third the way back and snap...the cable broke and ruined my roller guard(mathews). So my pro shop owner told me that it will be until the weekend until he could get the parts in to fix it.

Season starts on thursday but you can still be I will be in the woods with a good buddy's bow....fits me and i shoot great with it so wish me luck and good luck to all of you and no matter what happened...IM SO PUMPED!!!!
Sorry to hear about that but I am glad you have a friend that has a bow you can use. I have kept 2 hunting bows tuned and ready since 2006. I know not everyone can but when you go to get a new bow it sure is nice if you can keep your old one around. I picked up the AMax last winter and use that as a "BackUp" for deer. It is lighter draw weight and setup mainly for turkey hunting but will work great for deer if I have a problem with the Katera XL.

Good luck to all of you getting out for the first times. I will be in the woods again this weekend and with the cooler temps I am really looking forward to it.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

wihunter, thanks....got it fixed pretty quick and so I wasn't out of commission long. No shots fired yet. Saw about a 125" 9 pointer yesterday morning, prob a 3 year old...not quite a shooter. Weather has been cool but windy and with a lot of rain of late...hoping to clear off soon....but will be hitting it in the morning! good luck to you all and i will keep you all posted on my luck....or lack thereof!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Typical Buck

Well, guys my day has finally come. I will be in a tree in a little over an hour from now. Got my stand picked out right where multiple bucks funnel through, just a matter of them showing up. Good luck bhunter, if I were to see a 125" 9 point I would fling an arrow since it would be my biggest buck ever with a bow. lol Hope you get a true monster. I Will keep you guys posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.