Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3) >

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

Old 11-24-2009, 04:16 AM
Fork Horn

So far I've seen one shooter out of range and have been passing on small bucks. I'll stay after it even after gun season next week. Good luck everyone !
Old 12-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

How has it been going guys? I spent last saturday and sunday down in maryland for the shotgun season opener and added 2 does for the freezer. Came back here on monday and missed a nice 8 point on PA rifle opener. Following day someone shot him from the same patch of woods he came out of when i missed. I am gonna have to find a new spot to hunt now though because that day they were shelling corn on that property. There was a group of hunters there that shot 8 deer as they came out of the corn, which was everything that came out. Bad part is they didnt tag any of them! I dont know how many of the 8 were bucks but I know a neighbor turned them into the game comission that very day. Hunted that property every day since then and never even cut a track, not even yesterday with the 2" of snow we had. Neighbor is shelling corn now and said he has yet to even see a deer come out of the corn. It is not looking too good right now but I have a couple other spots I can try once late bow season comes back in after christmas.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I'm sorry I havent been posting for a good long while. I promise I have good reason.

On November 25, at approximately 2:30pm, my house exploded and burned to the ground. I was only a mere 30 feet away from the furnace when it kicked on a ignited natural gas in our basement and the rest is history. An excavation company hit a gas and sewer line...the pressurized main gas line pumped straight through the sewer and filled our home.

I was in our attached garage when the home exploded and narrowly escaped, I thank god that I am alive and equally as thankful that the dogs made it out as well. We lost everything but didn't lose each other which is what is important. Insurance will cover the rest.

Take a moment to thank god for life and shelter!

God bless!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

Brad, sorry to hear about your home, So glad you and your love ones are ok, Thank God for that. Your right the material things can be replaced. I hope you make a full and quick recovery of your loss.

On a side note: The orange army was out in full force in Ohio last week. So I'm going to let the deer settle down a week before bow hunting again. The good thing there was a lot of standing corn last week, their just starting to harvest today. Hopefully some of the bucks made it through gun season and I can get a pattern on them yet this season. Good Luck and God Bless Everyone !
Old 12-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bhunter50
Well, I'm sorry I havent been posting for a good long while. I promise I have good reason.

On November 25, at approximately 2:30pm, my house exploded and burned to the ground. I was only a mere 30 feet away from the furnace when it kicked on a ignited natural gas in our basement and the rest is history. An excavation company hit a gas and sewer line...the pressurized main gas line pumped straight through the sewer and filled our home.

I was in our attached garage when the home exploded and narrowly escaped, I thank god that I am alive and equally as thankful that the dogs made it out as well. We lost everything but didn't lose each other which is what is important. Insurance will cover the rest.

Take a moment to thank god for life and shelter!

God bless!

Sorry to hear that bhunter!!! I am GLAD EVERYONE is OK. If you or your family may need for anything from my neck of the woods or for anything for that matter just let us know. God bless you and your family.

Congrats to you Trex on that buck you got!!! Way to go!

I thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing. The orange army got out in full force this weekend here so I got out of town and we went to see a NFL football game - Kansas City Vrs Denver Broncos the Broncos won - Thank goodness we are Denver fans here. We are going to get a real good snow storm here, and I might just get some more huntin in after this storm. I hope the orange army has pushed the deer and have run for cover into my timber.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL & STAY SAFE OUT THERE!!!
Old 12-25-2009, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

So sorry about you house bhunter. Hope everyone has a merry christmas. Heading down to MD this afternoon and plan on hunting in the snow tomorrow. Gonna take my bow along to hope and tag a nice buck with it. If i do that the muzzleloader will come out to put down a few does also. Been a busy past few weeks around here, tomorrow will be the first i have been out since early rifle season. Good lucky everyone and I wish you the best bhunter.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Been bowhunting a couple of times...but insurance paperwork is priority right now! My wife surprised me on my birthday with a new Mathews Z7 so that I could get back to the woods and maybe get an arrow in something...needless to say...my freezers were empty...couple recent gun kills helped though.

Thanks for you best wishes...we are working on finding a builder right now to get the long process of building started. Good luck the rest of the season!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear about your home Brad; thankfully you and your family are OK and that is what really matters. Good luck with the rebuilding process. My hunting is over and ended up being one of the poorest years ever in terms of deer sightings; that seems to be kind of the norm in the northeast this year. Good luck to all of you still out there!!