Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3) >

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)

Old 10-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Anyone having any luck? I cant get out till this saturday to hunt and saw nothing on my last hunt on tuesday. Today we got 4" of snow dumped on us and it is still falling. Supposed to keep it up through the night and through saturday so it will be interesting hunting in snow in the middle of october. Got the perfect spot picked out, just got to hope one of the big boys walk on by.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Well fellow Team 3 members; I feel like I let you down!! Had last week off and spent plenty of time in the woods. Unfortunately I only saw ONE deer. Even worse, it was a beautiful 8 ptr. and he now has a broadhead in his shoulder. It was a dreary, rainy morning and I had a perfect 30yd. broadside shot,looked like a perfect shot but deflected off a hemlock branch that I never saw
untill I went where he was standing to look for blood. I knew something had happened as arrow did not penetrate (i could see it sticking out of him as he turned and ran off). I gave the deer over an hour before I started tracking him. No blood whatsoever at shot site. All ready my heart was sinking. Found the whole arrow, minus the broadhead about 40 yds. away. Blood trail started at that point but was very sparse. No drops any larger than my thumbnail and he never stopped at all. Tracked him for about 4-5
hundred yds. every bit of it UPHILL !! Blood trail was only a drop or so every 15-20 ft. at that point and finally dissapeared at that point. Spent the afternnoon and next morning doing a grid search but I feel he was fine and just has a darned sore shoulder. I will be back out this weekend, and hopefully get a second chance at him.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

It happens to the best of us Oldvt. Just dont let it get to you or you will miss the next one. Look on the bright side, atleast he will live and you might even get another crack at him. Went hunting a couple times in the past week but havent gotten any bucks within range. Trying out a different property that I havent scouted but holds some really good quality bucks. Heading out there thursday so I will let you guys know how I do.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that oldvtbowhunter. Sounds to me like his shoulder will be sore for a while but maybe you will get another crack at him or maybe even a record book buck will come and see you!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in with no bucks on the ground. Going out this weekend and will be a lot now. I have 6 days of vacation to take over the next 3 weeks. Also will be out every weekend.

I did pop a doe during the 4 day gun season we had here. Put some meat in the freezer and earned me a buck tag for this or next year.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys! Just checking in, got a four day vacation coming november 5th-8th and I'm excited about! Dawn til Dusk is my strategy and has paid off in the past so im sticking to it! Have been seeing a slight increase in BIG buck movement and hope to get a crack at one before then but with limited time to hunt in the evenings after the time change it makes it tough.

Good luck to you all....the rut is right around the corner so.....get ready!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Well-fellers I finally got the right wind and I put one down last night. I will upload the pics and stories later this afternoon or tonight if I dont hit the woods. He is not the one I had my eye on but he was a taker. I have been seeing a lot of pre-rut activity here. Going to start heating up!!!

Good Luck Guys & Happy Rutting!!
Go & Gettem Team!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats ! Huntinlady
Way to go, can't wait to see the pic's and read the story.
I'm on vacation next week and plan on spending about 11 days in the woods. The bucks should be checking and chasing so I plan on some luck. Good luck all !
Old 10-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations Huntinlady,
Looking forward to see some pics and hear all the details !!!
Good luck Walleye,give em hell!!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys-I was or I should say I am real excited!!! Things are starting to heat up around here. I shot him sunday night right before dark. I grunted him in, it was as if he was on a string and I was pulling him right to me OH WHAT FUN!! I was covered in beautiful surroundings, deer and wildlife that night. I will post more of the stories when I get a little more time. WHAT A WEEKEND!!!

I will score him and get him posted in the score thread later.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!
Stay safe have fun, go and gettem guys!!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)-im002862_2_2.jpg   Official Team Lung Lancer's Thread (3)-im002864_2_2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.