Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 08-27-2008, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

SORRY GUYS!!! Finally checking in. Been super busy around here. But im all in. Been busy working almost every night at a local archery shop helping out plus working lots of OT at my regular job. If I change another set of strings and cables and make up another dozen arrows im gonna puke. [:'(]LOL But i'm Checking in now. Gald to see some familliar faces on the team.

I will be doing the majority of my hunting here in Central Pennsylvania. But may manage to sneak to another state or 2, depending how things go. But withmy new job I will have plenty of available vacation time. Wooooo Hooooooo!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM

YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! Ok, we're set now! Off and rollin, thanks PA!! Glad to have ya buddy! I understand being busy, thanks for taking the time to check in. At least we know you're on board......Carry on, sir.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mobow, Nope don't have any of those Missouri self guided mowers (goats) either.

Now that the LAST guy finally showed up, we can take the podium and begin teaching our class on how to kick booty.

Welcome aboard PA.

Let's get out there (as soon as it's legal in your state), and start amassing racks.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I was going Mon for the De opener but the wife and sister have other plans. My nephew graduated from the County Police Dept Academy and a cookout celebration is on tap. Might get out a few evenings next week.
Welcome aboard Pa.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick, it's not your fault that your nephew did not coordinate his graduation with your bow season. Don't kowtow to those hormone driven creatures! Stand up and make them bow at your feet and tell them Mobow said so!!!

Sucks when other things come up and interfere with hunting! This only means that monster you drop will be that more special.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:30 AM

I'm headed out this weekend to check my camera, and I'll be glassing my river property as well. I saw a really nice buck there last weekend, and I got a pic of a low to mid 140's buck on the property my camera is on about a month ago as well. My buddy scoped out one of our farms up north we'll be hunting, and he said he saw a ton of deer and a couple nice bucks as well.

Rickmur, best of luck next week when you get out, lucky punk. Have 2 weeks to go here yet. Anybody else still is scouting mode?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the land is scouted and now just waiting....1 month 2 days and 22 hours to go to season opening and 2 months 8 days and 22 hours to ruttin' activity starting up. Somewhere in there y'all will here a WHOP and then photos! Of course the WHOP will be me falling out of the stand and the pics will be me hanging from my safety harness while my son is LHAO.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Most of the land is scouted and now just waiting....1 month 2 days and 22 hours to go to season opening and 2 months 8 days and 22 hours to ruttin' activity starting up. Somewhere in there y'all will here a WHOP and then photos! Of course the WHOP will be me falling out of the stand and the pics will be me hanging from my safety harness while my son is LHAO.
Our sons are too much alike.

15 days from right now I will be in the woods hopefully gutting out some big monster. Seriously I will probably start enjoying my hunting more this year and I am setting my sights a little lower. I have passed up many bucks over the last 6 years we have owned this property. I have only shot one with a bow and that was that little velvet buck. With being in the CWD zone and unlimited buck tags the deer are just not making it. I know a couple I was holding out for in years past were shot early in the season and I never knew it until the next spring. So I spent a good part of those seasons hunting bucks that were already dead. Gets pretty frustrating knowing I spent all that time and money and was hunting dead deer. So hopefully I will be adding some points to the team for a change. It would be some little fork horn but I will not be passing up some of the 8 pointers we have around.

Rick go out in the morning before the party if you can. If not enjoy the week nights when you do get out. It is nice to have the early season bugs and all.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

[quote][It is nice to have the early season bugs and all.
/quote]

Thermacell, don't leave home without it.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got my Thermacell last year and I love it. Until we have had several frosts I don't leave camp without it.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.