HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official America's Team Thread (19)
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 AM
wihunter402
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

Most of the land is scouted and now just waiting....1 month 2 days and 22 hours to go to season opening and 2 months 8 days and 22 hours to ruttin' activity starting up. Somewhere in there y'all will here a WHOP and then photos! Of course the WHOP will be me falling out of the stand and the pics will be me hanging from my safety harness while my son is LHAO.
Our sons are too much alike.

15 days from right now I will be in the woods hopefully gutting out some big monster. Seriously I will probably start enjoying my hunting more this year and I am setting my sights a little lower. I have passed up many bucks over the last 6 years we have owned this property. I have only shot one with a bow and that was that little velvet buck. With being in the CWD zone and unlimited buck tags the deer are just not making it. I know a couple I was holding out for in years past were shot early in the season and I never knew it until the next spring. So I spent a good part of those seasons hunting bucks that were already dead. Gets pretty frustrating knowing I spent all that time and money and was hunting dead deer. So hopefully I will be adding some points to the team for a change. It would be some little fork horn but I will not be passing up some of the 8 pointers we have around.

Rick go out in the morning before the party if you can. If not enjoy the week nights when you do get out. It is nice to have the early season bugs and all.