Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official America's Team Thread (19) >

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Community

Official America's Team Thread (19)

Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 PM

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

That's your duty, stubb. Just make sure to include a picture, with the bow and you and the full deer, and also include each measurement. I believe Rob's very first post in the score thread has a model for us to follow.

Congrats again man, that's a fine buck.

Well, my buddy just called me a little while ago, and he killed his first ever archery buck on our property in southern MO this evening! I just could not be happier! He's busted his tail the last few years, and just couldn't get it done. He witnessed a couple bucks fighting, and saw more bucks than does. Except the 2 1/2 y/o 8 point he killed, they were all yearlings. Man, things are starting to heat up in MO!! I'm headed out tomorrow evening and all day sunday.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Alrighty fellas we are officially on the board now. I just uploaded my score breakdown and photo onto the score thread.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nothing to report here, saw 3 does, a woman and 2 dogs. She walked right past me and played Frisbee with the dogs up and down the power line from 4:45 to 5:30. Screwed the whole evening up. Pulled the stand because of rain moving inand won't be back till next Fri evening when my 2 weeks vacation starts and things get serious.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Winds are out of the West again today just like yesterday. Unlike yesterday, today the skies are clear and the wind is not as bad as yesterday. I will be back in the same stand tonight with my antlers to rattle this time. Last night I grunted at ole grandpa and he grunted back but when the clouds opened up and dumped on us, he decided to return to the woods. He got me soooo hyped last night and now I want him more than ever. Until I saw him last night, I was hoping to call him in for my son in two weeks. After being 59 yards from him, I'll call another buck in for my son if grandpa will come back and see me before then.

Was going out this morning, but when I got about 500 yards from the stand, there were a ton of deer already by the stand. I love carrying that night vision monocular to the stand with me in the morning. Saved me from spooking the deer and spoiling the site for a while. It's not legal to have it in the stand with me, so I leave it at the bottom of the stand and use it to get in pre and post sunlight.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:35 PM

Evindence of the rut is beginning to show here in MO.....the deer are moving around more......more bucks being seen during daylight....Deer/vehicle collisions are up and scrapes are popping up everywhere. It's just about that time....

I saw nothing this evening, and will be back in stand bright and early in the morning.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Today sucked! Wind gales all day long! Lost some the shingles off the detached garage. The only good thing about today is I sold my Honda XL 125 and Honda 185S to pay bills. Now if I could just get someone to buy my FL250 I could go another month before having to worry about employment again.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy, you guys really get quiet whenever I get here. I may be slow, but I'm not very fast! I got the hint...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Stubb looks like you need a couple more measurments for your deer. I was not aware of this until this year but every buck gets the H1-H4 EVEN a SPIKE. Rob put that on there. If you have any questions just contact me.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys this past weekend was good but not great. Kind of windy but I did see the biggest buck from our trail camera this year. He looks to be a 9 point. Nothing huge but he was 118 yards from me in a field. He was dogging a doe real hard. They were getting closer when a van pulled up on the road and the guy started whistling at them. Well they ran back to the woods in a hurry. I was on the ground mainly just trying to see where the deer movement would be but this sucked. Anyway Matt gets intomorrow night and Wednesday we are off to the cabin. We will be coming home every few days to shower up and such. Then back out. Looks like we will be back Friday night so he can do dinner with his mother that night. We will head back out probably Saturday afternoon or night. Then stay until maybe Wednesday. Should be the best time to be out after watching that buck chase that doe around.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Winds have died down, I have a new peep sight in the bow and its sighted back in (for 20 yards at least). Gonna go to the stand over the run and scrape in the morning.

Quick Reply: Official America's Team Thread (19)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.