Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

no fun2hunt the camera battery died before it got any pics[:@]
Old 10-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I rescored at 100 7/8. I'd like to get one like that this year.

Nathan,
You are going to have a great weekend for your opener. Hopefully, you get a little sleep so you don't burn out in the tree stand.

Mike,

I hope you get that buck.

We need to get on the board.Everyone will be hunting in our group after this weekend? I know I'm kicking it into high gear. I've had too much going on at work to sneak out and soon will have a break from the insanity.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

dont worry man im getting some sleep and i wont burnout but i will shoot a big buck
Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

I will be out there on 10/20. 9 Days to go...

Nathan I hate when that happens.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

ya i know man it sucks because i ran the risk to see what was moving in my honey hole spot[:@] i just hope that me going there didnt screw it up for opening day
Old 10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the right attitude Nathan.

Wow Mike. You'll be right at the beginning of the pre-rut by then.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any of you guys ever use the climbing sticks from Sportsmans guide? I need at least 6 sets of them....these seem to be the best I can find price wise at less than $40 ea...for a 20ft stick.
Gimme some feedback if you have. I honestly can't see how they could be bad....they may not be ultra light, etc....but they also don't cost $100 and I could care less how much they weigh really. I'm not planning on carrying them in and out, just setting up for the season.

let me know if you have any opinions, thanks

-Mike
Old 10-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I ended up leaving my Stand at 5:30.. Wind was swirling and I ended up spooking a spike and two fawns were leary.. So I do what I should have did 3 years ago when I was Hunting a BIG 8.. I LEFT.. Back then, I took a chance, and of course the wind switch to the opposite and I stayed and the buck started to come in out of the swamp and got within 50 , smelled me and turned and left..

Better safe than sorry.. I can hunt almost any day I want.. So I'm in no real hurry, just as long as the NEPHEW dont screw me up, If he hunts up there.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got home a little while ago from hunting and seen 9 doe....4 of them came right under my tree. They were on the move this evening, also found a fresh scrape on the way to the stand. Sure was windy.

wv....i never used them either...but i picked up some last fall from wally world, going to give them a try this season when i hang one more stand. they seem pretty nice.

Thats your best bet mathewsboy, ya dont wanna spook him. years ago i didnt care much if the wind switched either i would just hunt. But now days im more cautious.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey mathews, your not talking about anyone's momma are you? Go get a big one this year. If you can make some time, I always have room for you in one of my honey holes. The bad news isyou can only shoot a 130 or better.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.