Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Do it its a good investment because you wont have to buy alot of tree stands to cover alot of spots you can just climb up the tree and bam youre at a new spot tommorow
Old 09-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks.

Did anyone get any deer today?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys. Friday night about 6:50 I hear a bunch of crashing coming through the woods behind me. At first I thought it was all the squirrels that I'd been watching but quickly realized the animals were heavier.I look over my right shoulder and catch a flash of gray. So, I swing to m left and don't see anything as the noise stops. The deer is right below my stand. It's a yearling and takes off running and I see another one following it.

So, I look over my right shoulder again and see a mature doe standing about 40 yds away looking at me. I figure I'm busted. Well, she then precedes to feed right up to me. I had about 3 chances at shots as she came but hey were all quartering toward me and she was still coming so I figured I'd wait. When she gets broadside at 6 yds or so she stops. Of course, she stops behind the 1 branch that I left on a tree beside me for cover. Without leaves I would have a shot. She raises her head and then lowers it while looking my way and then spins and runs 30 yds away and starts snorting.

Saturday I didn't see a thing. I'm going to go look at the comfort zone or get a Summit Viper. I need a sit and stand climber. My API Bowhunter is just too hard on the hands anymore.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Guys, Tomorrow is the day for me.. I'm not very excited though.. I have Crap for bucks on camera.. But I know that don't really mean anything.. Its early, and the big ones will eventually show their faces sooner or later.. Cooler temps next week are forecast, so thats good. I have a total of 6 stands set up.. Hopefully one of them will produce.. I know i could should one of those smaller 8, but I'm letting them go to grow for next year.. Or for the wife or my 75 yr old father to shoot.. He shot a small 10 last year I let go, but He doesn't have that many years left to hunt, so LET HIM RIP it THROUGH THEM..LOL.. I get just as excited when he shoots one as I do for myself.. Wife shot her first buck 3 years ago, small 8.. Hasn't shot anything since.. She only Rifle hunts, but last year we used a crossbow.. More of a challenge.. THis year I bought her a 30-30 and we also have the crossbow.. So hopefully she'll see one big enough to shoot.. Wish me luck, I'll be out tomorrow afternoon in one of them, depending on the wind...

Someone SHOOT A BIG ONE ALREADY...!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

Dave I bet it was great to see the doe and your heart was pumping.You'll feel better once you get your stand situation settled.

Brad your right we still have time, good luck this week. So that buck you posted wasn't from your land on the mainforum? LOL

Hey guys I had someone give me a rangefinder this week. I'm so excited and feel more confident about my shotsnow that I have that. Our season opens tomorrowbut I won't be able to get out until the 20th. I have a feeling Quiet Arrow will have one on the board before long.

GoTeam 19!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy got that pic, but ended up telling me he got it from the web...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Another buck on the board this morning.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to know where the heck the arrow wounds are on these deer. Except for the muley none show any sort of wounds. Are they not getting passthroughs?
Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck! I wouldn't be completely concerned with what you have gotten on camera!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

hi guys...Well the opener is here, and wouldnt ya know it yesterday i came down with a heck of cold, sneezing ,coughing and the hole nine yards. I dont think im even going out this evening if i dont feel any better later today. But its early in the season and im not too worried even though never miss opening day[:@]

Good luck to the rest of you guys hunting. Im going to get out there as soon as i have enough energy to climb the tree, hopefully within a day or 2.

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.