Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread >

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Hi Mike and Dave, I seeyou are on here. What are you guys up to?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got home from work and there was 18 new posts!!

Mark,
If the new stand is in a better postion I'd hunt out of that one. If you didn't spook the buck he might be back through. It's always a flip of the coin.

I used to have issues on private land all the time. Guys would walk along a road bordering my uncle's property and drop down into the woods if they saw deer. One moron actually ran down through the woods right past my stand and when I hollered at him he ran even faster. I climbed down and asked his buddy what the heck his friend was doing. He told me he saw a deer and we went through the whole posted property and tresspassing thing.

This is the last day of warm weather here. If it's cool tomorrow I'm leaving work early and hunting tomorrow night. Friday morning I'll be in the spot I hunted in the evening 2 weeks ago. There are acorns everywhere. Therefore, I'm going with the place where the cow paths are with the scrape and rub. It's time to pull the lure out and a drag rope with the cold front coming in and see what happens.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK, I really need to learn how to score a buck. The last buck posted scored 93. If that's a 93. What would you score this?

Old 10-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

That's a pretty wide rack Dave what was the inside spread?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

16" The G1's are small.
I have a question for you guys. Are you supposed to measure halfway between the last point ant tip for the H4?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

That's my understanding on an 8 pt.

http://www.pope-young.org/ScoreSheets/T-WTC.pdf
Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

heys whats up you guys im here, man its homecoming week in school plus im still setting stands, camers and blinds its been busy but anyways i just got back from picking up my camera and on the way back i saw a buck about the size of buckhunter's opening day deer which was cool otherwise 3 days left here
Old 10-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mathewsboy

Yeah.. I'm just bummed right now,, I've been up there 15 yrs with NO ISSUES.. now this... But I always told my self, Its just a matter of time.. You need to OWN your own property for a NO ISSUE place to hunt...But man, who can afford that these days.. I'm no Millionare, thats for sure.. Not with Two kids and a Mortgage and Home Equity Loan.. LOL
MB...I hear ya. That is why I bought land about 9yrs ago....tired of "losing" my hunting spots and catering to the owners. I don't have a ton, but at least I can walk outside on my41ac and hunt when EVER I want. Now if I could just find the time! [8D]I do lease 1000 also, in WV....and even though its my best friends uncle and we have a hunt club there for 20yrs...you never know when it may go away. If I don't own it....I have no control.

Also, MB.....my financial services/mortgage business is geared towards mortgage planning & acceleration, and personal wealth building. If you want to learn how to possibly put yourself in position to buy some land one day, please email me--I may have something that can help you out. [email protected]

Oh yeah...I just ordered a new toy, the Millenium hang on, and 8 brackets. (and I am ordering 6 sets of climbing sticks also) This is the most comfortable hang on stand I've ever sat in....and I've been contemplating it a while. They have a great system....you hang the brackets where you want, and you only need one stand. My issue with hang ons has always been they wear you out once you've been in them for 3-4 hours.With this setup, I will be able to set out as many "set's" as I have sticks and brackets. No one can hunt from my stands while I'm gone, and I am totally mobile very easily. The main reason is when I head to IL I need to have a bunch of spots to hunt from and I will be hunting dawn to dark on most days. No way could I do that from my other stands. I think its gonna work out great...excited about it.

Last thing....I saw a nice basket 8 last night in my front clover plot. Perfect rack, if he can just make it he'll be nice next year for sure. Probably 80" or so...pretty buck. Got me siked!

Good luck guys....I'm feeling like one of you is gonna get us on the board soon!

-Mike
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

Any good pics on your camera?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

OK, I really need to learn how to score a buck. The last buck posted scored 93. If that's a 93. What would you score this?

I can help you. It's really not hard.Your deer looks to be around 95" - 105" approx....but its really hard to tell from a picture. Can't see the tine length, or beam length well. I agree the 93" deer looks alot smaller, and no way that deer has a 4"+ base...but whos to argue. Again, hard to tell from the pics. Email me if you want help scoring your deer. It only takes a few minutes. And YES the H4 is halfway between...as you said. That is where alot of people mess up....they don't measure for the H4 if they only have 8pts or no G4, etc.

-Mike

Quick Reply: 19-Official Team Quiet Arrow Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.