Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread >

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

I'd bleed Deere greenif I could afford a tractor right now.

I could use a tractor too. I planted hundreds and hundreds of pounds of carp in the garden using a shovel (and not a singlecarp sprouted.) har har har.. I do have 10.5' field corn and 7' tall tomatoes to show for it.

I wouldn't mind the International CXT either.Itgetsjustslightly worsefuel economy than my Chevy.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome pics. I finally closed on my new house today so I got that pain in the ass behind me. Time to get moved and get ready......Just 29 days till Ohio opener.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:39 PM

Congrats on the new house. It must be exciting time for you and your family best of luck during the move in process.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Moving in is going as good as planned I guess. Still got a lot to do tomorrow and Monday before I have to go back to work Tuesday. I did take some time to shoot today from my new deck down into the yard. 24 yrds I was grouping four arrows in 2" circles. Very impressed with how smooth I was shooting today, considering how stressed out I am with closing, moving, and working. Didn't tear up any arrows either so that's also a plus.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:07 PM

I'm going out on Monday to hang and move a few stands, do some scouting and put out a couple trail cams.
I will report back what I see.
Planning on getting there early enough to do some glassing
Old 09-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

I did some scouting on our Ohio Lease this past weekend.
I saw two shooters that we were able to sneak up on within 60 yards.
One was probably a 130" 8 point without velvet and the other was about 120". I couldn't believe that his horns were so white already.
Didn't see the real big one my father seen a month ago. Sure gets you pumped though.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a lot done this weekend...about 75% of the moving is done. I will probaly finish that this upcoming weekend, and then it's down to business....paying bills and getting everything caught up before bow opener on Sept 29(ohio) and Oct 13(wv). LOL. Nah, a few weeks of scouting and working and I'll be all ready for my fav. time of the year.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:27 AM

went to my best hunting landyesterday morning.
Got up early, left the house at 4 am, got there about 1/2 hour before sunup.
As I pulled down the field driveway there were 2 deer, a doe and a 8 point buck at the other end where the field turns to corn.
I sat and watched the sun come up and then proceeded to the other end of the property to check a couple ladder stands. They were both still there! Deer sign everywhere. I trimmed the path a little to make getting into those stands easier and quieter. Bumped 2 deer as I made my way to the secong stand.
Almost got my truck stuck in the creek.

Next I went to the tree along the creek to hang one of my hang on stands. While I was hanging off the side of the tree a 6 point came down to the creek, took a drink and then came across the creek on the trail my stand overlooks. He saw my truck parked there and decided to head to the north instead of going into the corn. I waited until he was long gone before continuing the stand. Got it all strapped in place,climbed down and while I was standing at the base of the tree a spike came to the creek. He too stood in the creek drinking. I crouched down so I wouldn't stick out so much (I was in full camo) and he came up the bank about 5 feet from me. He saw something he did not like (me) and went back into the creek. Five minutes passed and I did not know where he had gone. I looked back to the spot behind me he had been and there he was, just high enough on the bank so he could watch me. Antlers,ears and eyes were all I could see.
He finally climbed the bank and headed to the south, along the creek.

I then drove to the area where I use 2 climbers, I put them at the base of the trees they go in and spent about 15 minutes driving my truck back and forth, knocking down the weeds and multi flora rose bushes to make access easier come season. The deer also like to follow these paths I make every year and it brings them right past my stands.

Then I headed into the woods to the middle to check 2 more ladder stands. Both were right where we left them last January. Checked them over and hung up a trail camera on a heavily traveled trail.

Looks like there are deer there again this year. Wish the bucks I saw were bigger as we have made a vow not to shoot any small bucks again this year. I am sure there are bigger ones there, it is prime deer country. We will see if my camera gets a picture of any.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:50 AM

Congrats on the house HighCountry!

Sounds like you had a great day and some good stands put up there Buell.

Gettin stoked, eh dmax?!?!

I checked out a new spot the other day. This area is one that has never been hunted and I am stoked about gettin in there in a few weeks. I found it this spring while out shed hunting. We call it "The Stairway to Heaven" because its the perfect funnel where a bunch of trails meet to go up and down a cliff. The trails are worn so much that the roots stick out like steps, hence the name. I never actually went in there the other day, just made sure that I could get across the swamp to it.....didn't want to stink it up!

I'm heading out tomorrow for 2-2.5 weeks to Alberta. My elk hunt starts on Saturday and will spend 7 days chasing then with a bow. After that I may be chasing mulies for 3-4 days. I can't wait!!!!!!

So, in the meantime, good luck to everyone and stay safe.

See you in a couple weeks!!!!!

Old 09-05-2007, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the update Buell!
Sounds like you have a terrific season ahead of you.

Quick Reply: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.