Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread >

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Wow, listen to you guys. Deer heaven, bears, elk, mulies.

Anybody want to adopt me?
Old 09-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Dan, Good luck in Alberta. I can only dream about hunting Elk with a bow at this point. I will someday. Make sure you take some pictures.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well nothing new so far.....getting very close to season opener in Ohio....just can't get here soon enough....
Old 09-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

I just hope it cools down before the season opens.
Hey HighCountry, what county in Ohio do you hunt?
My dad and I have a lease in Guernsey and he owns a 100 acre farm in Belmont.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM

Well since our team is so dead I guess I will post an update. Season came in Monday here in our region of NC and so far seen a bunch of does, even took one opening evening, but have yet to see any bone. We are in a huge drought right now and I am wondering if this has affected the bucks? Any experience with a drought and how to get them to move......
Old 09-13-2007, 10:14 PM

It has been my experience and as im sure your already aware with, is that deer aren't going to be moving around as much during the daytime as usual.

1. I would reccomend concentrating your efforts during the morning hunting hours when the air is at it's coolest.

2. Do you have a water source on or near your property? If there is one i would hang a stand right over that sucker. if there is one near your property, try to find the trail the deer use to get to it and hunt that.

3. Do you have any foodplots that contain brassicas? They seem to have a high water content in their leaves, more so then say acorns, soybeans, or corn.

4. Put on your dancing shoes and do a Rain Dance. - Post pics for us if you go this route

Also if this seems to be a annual problem you may want to consider putting in a water guzzler which will help catch and keep rainwater for wildlife. I think you can get a kit from Pheasants Forever but I think they're a little pricey.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Jonnyslim covered it.

Nothing much going on here. Deer season hasn't opened yet. I can start hanging stands this weekend.

Went out squirrel hunting/scouting yesterday. Found a few squirrels, some deer sign and lots of mosquitos found me.

Deer sign is sparse. Nothing concentrated that I saw. Lots of acorns dropping right now. I'm thinking my early season hunting willfocus on productive oaks.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Squirrels Christine!
I hung my first stand today. I'm going tohang another one this week.
The only thing I've been seeing is doe, fawns & a flock of 17 turkey that keep returning. I agree with you Christine, sign around here is pretty slim.
I hung my stand in a white oak that is surrounded by a couple more.
The deer around here seem to prefer them first. Season doesn't open until the 29th. Hopefully this cooler weather will get them moving around.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Man without Dan here our team seems dead.
I sure hope he has had some success so he can share some pictures and stories. 10 days and counting until Season opens. Hope everbody has there equipment ready.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:18 PM

Wow, seems like our team has a serious case of zipper-lip!!!!!

Well dmax, I'm baaaaaaaack!!!!!! No elk but I had an amazing time and a was almost close enough to smack a big 6x6. When I get a little more time I will post a thread with a bunch of pics and story in the main board and get a link in here.

With that....Its time to lay the smack on a big Canadian brute. I will be setting up a couple of stands the next few days and will hopefully be hunting next week. My brother is up here and has found a couple of gagger sheds....I'll take a few pics tomorrow and post em up.

Until then.......get the crap outta your mouths and start talking a little!!!!LOL!

Quick Reply: 8 - Official International Harvesters Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.