Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Congrats Lance! You are on the deer, just a matter of time before a buck comes by. Good luck!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday afternoon was one of the slowest days Ive seen all year. I didnt see a deer until 5:15 after sitting for 2 hours. About 5:30 a doe and spike (maybe a 3-pointer) step out of the cattails and feed out to the west, no shot. It closed yesterday at 6:47 and 6:40 I took my facemask off with a dissapointed look when out steps a doe and fawn. I grabbed my bow, stood up and waited for the shot. The whole time she walks about 5 yards away from my stand never stopping. I had to stop her under some brush at 4 yards, ducked down and shot..... damn! Right over her back! She was just to closeand I rushed the shot big time. After that I was pissed. I couldnt belive I missed a shot like that. In anger I took my release off took the arrow of the string and put it into the quiver, put the quiver on my bow and started to undo my safety harness. While all this is happening I hear faint crunchs behind me. Without looking I think, you have got to be kidding. Nope I turn around and here a bunch of fawns come out of the field right under my stand followed by two mature does. I quickly put on my release, nock and arrow and get ready. First doe I draw on walks off, not shot. Next doe walks out looks at the ground, left, right and then precedes to turn around. Now or never I said. Drew back, settled the pin in the sweet spot and released. Thawak! Ahhhhh just the sound I like to hear. She runs off and I check the time 6:46. Calm, cool and collect with a minute to spare. [8D]I got out of the stand at 7:07 knowing it was deadly hit. Picked up my missed arrow and went to where I shot her. Blood everywear, good blood, heart blood. Followed the trail for about 60 yards and found her laying under a tree I had a stand last year. After that I had a nice 300 yard drag threw a plowed field. I didnt get home until 9:45 . Long night but worth it for sure.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

Steaks are on at IR's house [8D]

Great picture andstory,proves the adage;it ain't over til it's over!

I was not able to get out at all this week but will be out tommorow, even if it is going to be in the low 80's.
The morning is supposed to be in the low 70's so that won't be to hateful.
Good luck everyone and stay safe.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Well my opener is in the books. I only hunted the morning...still just too damned hot (like most everywhere). Only saw one doe and she presented no shot. Will be getting on it pretty good next week and cooler weather is suposed to be coming later in the week.

Mitch
Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well my opener is in the books. I only hunted the morning...still just too damned hot (like most everywhere). Only saw one doe and she presented no shot. Will be getting on it pretty good next week and cooler weather is suposed to be coming later in the week.

Same exact here....except I only hunted one morning because of the heat and see one doe 200 yards away. Suppose to cool down to the 50's here, so I'm looking at getting out again Friday.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I might have to sit in the morning, says its suppose to feel like 43 in the AM with a 5 mi SW wind. Major cool off. Ive been dreaming about October days like this! They should be moving(hopefully). See if I can tag doe #3 or a nice buck. Last time I was out was Thursday when I shot the doe and I seen a 3 point, first buck of the year. I wouldn't shoot him but its nice to see something with horns. Anyone else gonna capitalize on this cold snap?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

went out tonight only cooled down to 65 but a productive night, not for me but this one was even better than if I shot a monster buck in my books. A good friend of mine just picked up bow hunting this year and I have been taking him out well tonight he got his first kill!! he was like a little kid at christmas, he was so excited that he came over to my tree with about 20min of shooting light left and told me!!! not a huge doe but atleast he got his first one out of the way perfect shot she only went about 15yrds not bad for someones first kill.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell him congrats! Thats awesome!!

Im heading out in a few. Temps are really cold, colder than I expected. Something should be moving this AM. After Im done Im going(try to) make a mock scape somewhere near my stand. Ill let ya know later.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

I am all set for season. Opener is this saturday and I put up my last stand yesterday. I have 8 stands up and they will be hunted by mrself and my Father-in-Law. We have scout pics of a couple decent deer but nothing real big. I have moved some stands into postions that will be good for the rut. Since i am not really locked onto a big deer yet i figured that the typical travel corridors for early november would be the best places to hang my extra stands. I plan on hunting saturday (morning and evening) and sunday (morning). and then probably wont get back down until the following weekend. I will take a few days off in November to hunt the rut for a 5 day weekend.

I am reasonably confident iw ill get a chance at helping the team but no promises. I have been too busy to put scouting time in. I work and coach 6 days a week and have a two year old daughter. Not to mention a the normal honey-do's list. My wife however, is very understanding come hunting season.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

well I talked to a friend of mine today that lives about 4 hrs west of here and we are suppose to go hunting together beggining of november. he told me that he has been out a few times and has seen some monster bucks he said the most impressive so far is a huge 4x4 that has to have atleast a 20 inch spread!!!! can't wait until that trip!!!

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.