Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Still hanging on.

Ive been mostly goose hunting. Acually havent picked up my bow since I shot my last deer on Nov. 12. I am going up north tommorow for 4 days for a Anterless Only gun hunt. I can still tag a buck tommorow with my bow (I think, may have to check regs)if we get up there early enough.

Oh and I guess I havent been here in awhile. Gun hunting last month my uncle shot a 3-pointer and another guy in our party shot a decent 8 along with a doe. Pretty slow year. I didn't even see a deer with my gun. Haven't killed one with the gun since 05'. Hopefully I can tag a doe with the gun this weekend.

Now I learned that we have a steadily increasing mountain lion population in Wisconsin. A lot of guys around our cabin and about 30 miles northwest of us have been getting trail cam pics of them. This is the Clam Lake area where they released all those elk. Thought I only had to worry about wolves. Now this. Great.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

I hear ya IR, walking into or out of the woods in the dark can be scary enough without having to worry about mountain lions.
Good Luck on your hunt!
Old 12-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

Pulled this video from my trail camera last night.
Any ideas what it may be?

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r34/sidewayshunt/?action=view&current=MDGC0035.flv
Old 12-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well back from up north. I shot adoe with my bow. Not to proud of the shot though. Hit a little far back and another guy with us jumped it the next day andfinished it with his rifle. I didn't see a deer with my gun. It was cold, cold, cold. Wasnt expecting that.

I also managed to get 2 rabbits, one with the .22 and one with the bow.[8D]

I should have some pics onceI get them from my uncle.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Joe, I have no clue as to what that is. You can see it move then stop and move again. It isan infered camera right?So nothing can reflect. Its funny you post this since we just had a discussion about bigfoot up north and all the strange commings thathappen.

Another thing is it is in front of the feeder. Itmoves right in front of it.I think you have something here.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

At first I thought it was a trespasser's light comming thru the woods but since it moves in front of the feeder, that is not the case.
It is an infrared camera so not positive about the reflection.
I have it posted on another site and the concensus is that it is the reflection of a spider.
I don't know, but it is weird.

Congratulations on the doe IR!
I shot another one Saturday as some of my non hunting friends love cooking with deer meat.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

bump
Old 12-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Helllllooooooooooooooooooo out there!!

I'm still hunting some, but the new baby and Christmas has me kinda busy. I'm heading out Saturday morning for some bow hunting. Good luck and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was just about to see if anyone was alive too button. I got out this morning with a friend to scout out some public land for late season that is extremly close to my house. I dont like public land to much and I still don't. Never even founda single deer track. Yote tracks up the ying yang though. We did manage to corner a rabbit and I dispatched him with my bow.

Other than that not much happening. I got till Jan 31st to hunt so im in no rush.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck to everyone still hunting. I might make it out a couple times during the late season.....but I'm not going to get too worked up just to fill a doe tag.

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.