Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 39-Official Team 39  "Buck Naked "Thread >

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Palmer, tell your freind congrats on his first kill!
it will be the best tasting deer ever.

Sounds like everyone's season is about to get under way.

I did get out Saturday and had a doe come under my stand 5 minutes after I got in the stand.
I was listening to the weather on my 2 way radio when she appeared in front of me, needless to say I was not expecting to see anything that soon and did not have my bow in hand.
By the time I put the radio down and was situated for a shot, she was out of range.
The afternoon got up to 90 so I called it a day around 2:00pm.

This week we are expecting some much needed rain and the temps are supposed to drop somewhat.

Good luck to everyone and stay safe.

Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I couldn't close the deal today.

First thing this morning I had a doe and 3 fawns come out of the cattails and stand there.

You know that sixth sense deer have? Well this doe had it for sure. Stood there for a good 5 mins before taking the other trail to the east walking away from me.

Hit The Can and fawn bleats but she was uninterested.

About 15 mins later I catch movement in front of me. Same bunch of deer cutting into the field. They circled completly around me to get into the field.

They knew I was waiting. Atleast she knew.

A little after that I hear a deer blow in front of me. Figures. I knew they would since they were strait down-wind after they cut into the field. Oh'well.

ScentBlocker hasaided me in both my kills this year and other deer sightings that have been DIRECTLYdownwind its just not100% "foolproof".

After that I see 3 does and 4 fawns trot across the field and back into the hardwoods. About 150 yards away.

Took a walk to see if I could find some rubs or scrapes. Nothing. Just a bunch of old rubs.

I set my scrape dripper hanging over the mock scrape I made, about 10-12 yards from my stand. Filled it will some dominant buck urine. Ill come back Friday to check and see if anything is looking at it.

Next Saturday I leave for North Dakota for a week of duck and goose blasting. Should be a good time. Deer hunting should be just getting good when I get back. Hopefully.

Anyone else having any deer sightings?
Old 10-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Fork Horn

I sat in stand yesterday and seen one doe that crossed to far into the trees for me to get a shot. Other than that nothing not even a tree rat. This morning it is low 40's and low winds so we are going to go and give it a try see what happens!!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone going out this weekend?
Old 10-12-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone going out this weekend?

Why....Why did I get married in October. Married life has been great. But last year I missed two weekends of hunting October because of the wedding....now I'm going to miss a weekend this year for the anniversary. Well atleast it isn't full rut.

After this weekend, I will be balls to the walls. Between vacation, 'doctors appointments', and 'sick days' plus weekends....I will have some good time spent in the woods.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a nicebuck last night behind the house. I'm not sure, it may have been the 10pt that I got trail cam pics of. He walked slowly by at 50 yards. I hit the grunt call a few times....no dice. I'm finally going to the "honey hole" Saturday morning. I've been waiting for cooler weather to try it out, I can't wait to get in there. Good luck everyone.

Side bet.....first person to kill a buck gets $50 from lrhuntr
Old 10-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

another day in stand and another day of seeing nothing!!! I am going to try and get in a evening hunt this week before I go to SD, if not hopefully the bucks are moving up there. Got a buddy doing some scouting for me so I will have some good places to sit when I get up there. It is going to be a long week between bird hunting deer hunting and beer hunting and no I didn't mean to say bear I meant BEER!! it is a guys week what can I say!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im just going to talk a walk hear in a bit to my spot to check if the scrape I made is being looked at. Wind has been bad so I haven't hunted since Tuesday. Plus Im leaving for North Dakota around midnight. Its a 12 hour trip so thats awesome. But atleast we'll be riding in luxury. Going in a brand new Suburban. Hot off the lot. With all the fixings money can buy. Not really a duck hunting truck but hey its got a 6.0 V8 with 350 horses. What cant it get threw? Plus its a Chevy so ya know.... nothings going to stop it.[8D]
Old 10-12-2007, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

and as far as the side bet goes I will throw in ten for the first person to kill a buck! not rich can't afford $50!!!! got kids to feed (lol)
Old 10-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Side bet.....first person to kill a buck gets $50 from lrhuntr
Well I guess I'll be giving myself $50 then. [8D]If I had $50 to blow I'd be at Cabelas real fast.How about $50 to the next one who kills a doe? You can pay me in a week or so. J/K [8D]

Quick Reply: 39-Official Team 39 "Buck Naked "Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.