Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

today i hunted from 7-noon. meet my buddy from home and decided to hunt by the house he stays at up here. its a Red Tag farm...but theres a good bit of land. i sat in the back corner of the fields and my buddy still hunted his way to me. no good..had 2day old sparse snow and he said there wasnt any tracks in there. they must really pound them there. 9am we met up with his roomate and his GF..they took us to a game lands 15 minutes down the road. nice gamelands..8200 arces...alot of deer sign..but i dont like all the roads and trails. theres not a continuous 5arce tract it seemed. but alot of sign. we decided our best bet was small pushes. me and my buddys roomate pushed the first push. he pushed 2 does out to my buddy..no doe tag. i pushed out something i never thought i would...i got to the girl and she was shaking. she had a bear 10yds away staring at her! she said it wasnt far ahead of me and it was pretty dang big. she was actually scared SCARED. said if it would came any closer we would had a dead bear to deal with. ive hunted "bear country" all my life and never seen a bear. found poop and tracks..but never a bear. this is wierd though..it was in a county not known for bear hunting. i think a few are taken yearly from the county but thats usually 2-6 or so...i may be bear hunting next year! thats one thing id like to kill is a bear. the rest of the day was nothing..lots of sign..but alot of cover. i got mixed feelings about that gamelands...it was pretty busy for a Wed morning..and i aint a fan of trails and roads everywhere on gamelands. i guess its good..alot of them are open to disabled hunters using ATVs, vehicles and snowmobiles..but it gives everyone pretty easy walking..wish i seen the bear...i want one! never even bothered hunting for them. seems like alot of luck goes into bear hunting...but maybe ill hafta start...
Old 12-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

update on the stitches...i noticed they were NEVER really tight..today i had gloves on and off...getting dresses and undressed etc etc...hell on the stitches. i noticed in class one was unknoted! the rest were VERY loose..and it was alot more red and puffy look[:'(]

sooo i went to the student health center right after class. (see im not THAT hardheaded!!) the nurse said its a bad place for stitches..between using my hand and hitting it 10000 times a day its bad..couldnt retie the one that came untied...so she pulled it. the other 4....she tightened. its throbing more now then when i hit it with an axe!!! but they needed tightened..the cut was still open and the stitches werent doing any good like they were.

she also said if it gets and redder or puffier i need to go get antibiotics[:@] from it being open im afraid i might got it infected. the first DR told me i gota watch because our hands pick up and grow bacteria too well.

oh well....im still hunting friday and saturday sunday after work ill probably snip them out. she said 7-10days..friday is 7..monday is 10..sunday after work sounds good....i dont see the sense in going back unless its red and puffy...all they do is snip em and pull em..
Old 12-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Guys,
Looks like all my bad luck went away this past gun season. Ended up with a decent Illinois buck last Friday. I really wish I could have taken one with a bow this year, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Hope you all are doing well.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations Matt, Yeah, we could have used that buck on the score card. Nice job regardless.

Okay MM, KY, m06, ext1....we need ya's...

Good luck to all that's still at it and,

I have it on high authority that Jeff took another deer, his best buck to date with his new Bowtech Allegiance, 1 shot, 1 deer. He called his shot, thread in Bowhunting...lol
Old 12-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice Buck MAtt!!!

By the way if you bought a Full size truck with 8ft bed deer would fit

Nice SUV with a big trunk
Old 12-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Matt.. that's a good lookin' buck for sure.

I really wish we could get more inches on the board! This team would contend for many years! Good luck to everyone still hunting.

Jeff.. congrats on another deer! That's five deer...right!?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

congrats matt! nice buck.....good thing you didnt let these guys know you gun hunt! i told them they had nothing to worry about with me gunhunting...my bucktag still doesnt have an ear to be tied to yet just like i figured!! me and buckhunting just dont get along. i cant figure it out. i put in more time scouting then most anyone else around here..ill get it one day....i know it. my time will come and trophy bucks will tremble at the sound of my name!! REFLEX06!!! lol i really hope my buck hunting luck changes....and i want to be a BOWHUNTER

well...hunted all day friday here at home. started the morning in the woods that borders the infamous orchard i bowhunted in. 2-3 inches of fresh snow and i couldnt cut a fresh track. i took my cousin and set him up at a vantage point i always used to see deer in and i snuck around making a giant loop around him. couldnt cut a track or find anything! that used to be my honey hole..then ALOT of guys started pounding the deer back there...i used to make the same loop just walking around when i was young and ALWAYS seen alot of deer not even being sneaky..not anymore...guess WALMART buying the land and putting logging roads in already doesnt help...still got a good feeling about the orchard..them deer gotta eat somewhere.....

after that we started our drives at 11...we havent seen antlers on a deer at home in a week! and we barely see ANY deer..huntings just not very good...the doe massacre gotta go..

after the fruitless day of seein 3 does ALL day driving my farmer friend said thats it! were getting out of this county!! we packed up friday night and went to their family camp. he has NEVER been there and never wanted to go..but wanted to get his GFs son his first buck and hopefully get all of us to see some deer. got up and hunted from dark till dark. behind the camp we seen a bunch of does..i think around 12 or so. my buddys uncle that has a camp up there guided us and took us to 2 diffrent SGLs up there and we put on some drives. no good at the first one. it was just too big of a hollow for our small group. mountain lurel and hemlocks thicker then ive ever seen...deer could been and went anywhere.

the second area was very nice looking. 2 drivers wrapped around a small knoll and brought it back to the 3rd driver while us sitters were making the mile hike in. 3 shots rang out. my buddys uncle that was our guide killed a BIG 10point. we didnt get to measure it but the spread was every bit of 20+ inches..brow tines were 4-5inches, g2s and g3s were atleast 6+ one g4 was about 4 inches and the other g4 was 1-2 inches. long main beams..only thing it lacked was mass. wasnta really thick rack...but man it made up everywhere else..that was a beautiful buck. a giant for Jefferson County SGLs id say...you might know the type of land in the area Rob....they had alot of fresh tracks on the drive to the sitters but noone seen the deer.

after that we went back to camp and redrove it...couldnt find anymore deer.

neat story about that guys buck...his wife hunts about 300yds from where he killed it. 2 weeks ago on the opener she shot that buck. they tracked it all day and couldnt find it. found out he was hit in the leg...about 2 inches higher and she would blew its heart out..she was shooting a 243..from what i could see it looked like the bullet exploded right there..about an inch diameter hole..rotting and smelling badly. that buck would probably died within a week..didnt look like he ate in 2 weeks since he been hit. he ran fine..but that had to hurt him. he was laying on the edge of a SGL food plot when that guy walked up on him. 10feet away he seen the rack..his gun slung on his shoulder..he grabbed his gun and the buck made a dash..but he ran right by the guy and back away from him..he dropped him. i cant believe that buck lived all through rifle season...not 5 minutes from the parking area and about 100yds from the main trail on the SGLs. guess he was pretty danged smart...he could see and hear anyone coming and get down over the nasty mountain side before anyone would see him...till today. beautiful buck....im just glad i aint that guy!! i dont know how his wife took the news..killed her buck out of her hunting area!! guess its better off someone killed him...he would laid there to rot i bet. he wasnt looking too healthy..

but that ended my PA rifle season....i dont know what the late season has in store for me...id like to keep my spirits up..but things arent looking too swell in any of my areas...hopefully the bigguns reappear now that noone will be in the woods to chase them around till the 26th. think me and my buddy and his cousin are going back to their camp the 26th for a couple days to grouse hunt and flintlock hunt...hopefully his uncle can play guide...sad theres more deer in the mountains then suburbia!! all the land around my buddys camp is NO DOE HUNTING and has been for a good couple years now..makes a big diffrence!
Old 12-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Captain make sure you give Jeff some sh|t for shooting a big buck second[:@]
Old 12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

germ...took the thought right out of my head...i was waitin till the pics are up!! im happy for him...but he got it coming!!
Old 12-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff's new Avatar

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.