Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 07:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Hey.....You guys have been SO VERY encouraging and helpful during the first two weeks of my season.....I wanted to wish you guys good luck in the opener of YOUR seasons.

I know you guys must get tired of my thinking a harvest for me is right around the corner.......but that's HONESTLY the way I feel almost EVERY TIME I go afield, nowadays. I'll be back on stand tonight......and I've seen 10 and 11 deer the last two Tuesdays, respectively. Everything should be right for tonight, too. I umpired, last night.....and I saw 5 in the field on the way out of my road. I just think they're gonna cooperate, tonight.

I hate to risk "contaminating" my core area.....but I'm gonna bust a doe if I get the RIGHT shot, tonight. We'll see. I told my wife I'm beginning to feel a little pressure to get one on the ground. I know it's self-imposed.....but I don't like the feeling. I know we'd love the meat.....and I know I need the practice w/ field dressing and butchering. Again.....we'll see.

You guys post your hunt stories as they occur. I'm happy you're all gonna make it into the woods, soon. Come on in.....the waters fine!

Jeff
Old 09-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx SB..saturday is on its way...headed to lunch then 2 classes...then dinner and before i know it ll be waking up and itll be wed. wed is kinda slow...thats sleep make up day till night class. then thursdays zip by because they are busy and i head home. friday ill work 7-2..talk to the farmer one last time..go home and pack the truck...and wait till i decide to go climb my tree. i may be there rediculously early....i know i wont beable to sleep friday night

calling for a low of 39..high of 59. partly cloudy. we will see..it said there for 2 days now....ill take it and smile!

good luck this evening!!! im jealous! but a couple days ill finally be hunting
Old 09-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yup, a couple more days mauser06, a couple more days.

SBG, I'm never tired of hearing of hunting adventures and hey, I expect to smack my biggest buck ever, every time I go out....it doesn't always happen but it keeps me going. Keep up the confidence and keep telling us about it. It'll happen. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

gentlemen, I am back from the great north woods of Wisconsin. As always HNIJustin and I enjoyed a long weekend of nothing but hunting whitetail and filming. Although we did not have a successful weekend, we could have.

HNIJustin could have shot one particular doe on film about 30 times. Unfortunatly the doe only weighed about 35 pounds! It was bear season, with dogs, so hunters were all over the woods.

Sunday I take the woods, with bow, FINALLY!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Here it is my cousins first deer. He got her saturday morning at 7:18. So I didn't get much hunting done in the morning becauseI had to help him. I'd sayI got him in a pretty good spot. I wasn't so lucky I saw a nice doe but I decided to take my bow and she was just out of range. Can't wait til Sunday.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

duke....sure you guys had a good trip regaurdless! good luck sunday..me and rob will only be a day ahead of you

brent..good job helping the cousin out..good luck sunday to you as well

ghemry....good luck to you sunday too...man you all start or are hunting sunday...

i cannot wait any longer. this crisp cool fall air that moved in is KILLING me. 3 days.....3 days. leaves dropping....weeds browning...mannnn its fall! i hope the forecast is nice and cool. wind and rain can come on sunday. and be gone by monday morning coz ill be back out! lol...its looking good so far.....but they cant predict tomarrow let alone saturday. 4 classes and a day of work and itll be time....and 4 more sleeps..well 3..i wont be sleeping friday night lol
Old 09-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Dominant Buck

No deer, last night.[:-]

Back out again, tonight.

Jeff
Old 09-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Atta boy Jeff, keep at it, come Saturday I doubt I miss a single day other than Sunday, no hunting Sunday in PA.[&o] Every evening, every Saturday and I'm off 2 weeks in Nov.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

dont give up SB....still early yet.

another day closer rob...and its half over im already more excited NOW then i ever been about going hunting. i got a super busy day till 6 tomarrow when ill be home....should go pretty smooth and quick..work 7-2 friday which should zip by...and ill be on stand....man i cant wait. still contimplating on monday mornings stand.....hmmm decide saturday..the farmer might have another trick up his sleeve. he doesnt know im sitting on stand all day. ill have to remember my radio..i should have contact to them at the farm..wish they had GOOD radios like mine..id definently have contact. i cant wait...im dying!
Old 09-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well looks like feathers again this year.

I have been trying to shoot Blazers and Montecs this year. I really though they were going to work out. They seem to plain on me, where my 5 inch feathers do not. They shoot about 3 inch high(every 3 or 4th shot), I would love to shoot them, anybody have any suggestions?

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.