HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

today i hunted from 7-noon. meet my buddy from home and decided to hunt by the house he stays at up here. its a Red Tag farm...but theres a good bit of land. i sat in the back corner of the fields and my buddy still hunted his way to me. no good..had 2day old sparse snow and he said there wasnt any tracks in there. they must really pound them there. 9am we met up with his roomate and his GF..they took us to a game lands 15 minutes down the road. nice gamelands..8200 arces...alot of deer sign..but i dont like all the roads and trails. theres not a continuous 5arce tract it seemed. but alot of sign. we decided our best bet was small pushes. me and my buddys roomate pushed the first push. he pushed 2 does out to my buddy..no doe tag. i pushed out something i never thought i would...i got to the girl and she was shaking. she had a bear 10yds away staring at her! she said it wasnt far ahead of me and it was pretty dang big. she was actually scared SCARED. said if it would came any closer we would had a dead bear to deal with. ive hunted "bear country" all my life and never seen a bear. found poop and tracks..but never a bear. this is wierd though..it was in a county not known for bear hunting. i think a few are taken yearly from the county but thats usually 2-6 or so...i may be bear hunting next year! thats one thing id like to kill is a bear. the rest of the day was nothing..lots of sign..but alot of cover. i got mixed feelings about that gamelands...it was pretty busy for a Wed morning..and i aint a fan of trails and roads everywhere on gamelands. i guess its good..alot of them are open to disabled hunters using ATVs, vehicles and snowmobiles..but it gives everyone pretty easy walking..wish i seen the bear...i want one! never even bothered hunting for them. seems like alot of luck goes into bear hunting...but maybe ill hafta start...