Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread >

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team Avatar

awesome pics guys......i cant wait to own land someday hopefully..

to keep the group chattin....whens everyones season open?? i dont think we covered that yet....Rob and I start sept 30th....i dont know if he plans to start that day...but i know i requested the day off work about a month ago!! ill be hunting at home on some farms...ill probably pick a morning stand and then lunch..then an evening stand. itll probably still be 70degrees!!

Rob.....since you live and hunt in PA i want to ask you a question. for buck hunting..(hopefully a mature nice buck) what week of the season would you pick as "the best week"..i want to take one week off work and hunt every day i can when i dont have class or studying...what would you pick?? any special weeks?? seems the last sat in october i always see nice bucks cruising....
Old 08-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

We will have to hook up sometime, I have a hankern to hunt southern Ohio, The Hocking hills area Iwent on a hike once and love it.

Maybe we can plan something someday in the future. With a bunch of guys from HNI.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mauser06

Rob.....since you live and hunt in PA i want to ask you a question. for buck hunting..(hopefully a mature nice buck) what week of the season would you pick as "the best week"..i want to take one week off work and hunt every day i can when i dont have class or studying...what would you pick?? any special weeks?? seems the last sat in october i always see nice bucks cruising....
Definately the last week of the season.....or even the first week of Nov...From Holloween on the bucks are really moving. The last 2 years I killed my buck the last week, in fact the last 4 bucks I killed were in the last week.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx rob..ill keep that in mind and see what i can pull off...just wanna take a friday and saturday off and sit on stand as long as possibly those days..then only get down to move locations if i have to get down(thats one thing i gota work on is patience!..) days i dont have time restraints id like to sit long...usually my food and drinks are gone early! lol..i cant wait...a little over 3 weeks....i wanna dial in the broadheads this weekend while im home since itll be a really long weekend..i have friday off..work sat n sunday..off monday(labor day) and will come back for class tuesday afternoon...so i got time to tinker....better get it done before its too late. my broadheads hit about 2-3 inches low at 20yds..im going to try to adjust the nock point a bit to see if i cant get them flying with the FPs...
Old 08-29-2006, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

We're set for our opener on 9/9 (week from Saturday). I've got 3 tracts of land to hunt......all small. I know there's a couple of good bucks in the one tract. I've seen them on game cam. The others????? I'm going in blind. I know there's deer, though. The one tract is only 67 acres......and it's divided by a power line right of way. I should get my new binoculars (Nikon ATB's) this week.....and I thought about getting in there early on Sat or Sun and watching from afar to see if I can see them moving. Once again.....this tract is surrounded by crops......has a good bedding area....and has a creek running through it. We'll see.

Right now.....I could hunt every afternoon....starting on the 9th. I won't do it, though. I'll probably hunt these two tracts about 1X week......and hunt the bigger tract duing the other times. They want some does (any deer)busted off that property (farm land). That should be some fun. A friend and I are going to hunt it, together.

We're geared and ready.

Waiting.

Jeff
Old 08-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: mauser06

thanx rob..ill keep that in mind and see what i can pull off...just wanna take a friday and saturday off and sit on stand as long as possibly those days..then only get down to move locations if i have to get down(thats one thing i gota work on is patience!..) days i dont have time restraints id like to sit long...usually my food and drinks are gone early! lol..i cant wait...a little over 3 weeks....i wanna dial in the broadheads this weekend while im home since itll be a really long weekend..i have friday off..work sat n sunday..off monday(labor day) and will come back for class tuesday afternoon...so i got time to tinker....better get it done before its too late. my broadheads hit about 2-3 inches low at 20yds..im going to try to adjust the nock point a bit to see if i cant get them flying with the FPs...

Another thing to watch is the weather, if a front is coming in get out in the woods!! Deer move before weather change, I do not know why, I just know they do. Also if you can hunt in the rain, the big boys seem to move in the rain, I have seen plenty and taken 2 in the rain.

Last year on the Oct 28th I took the ten, I check weather.com night before saw it was going to be 28 degree with little wind and high pressure. I love those days, deer really seem to move around rut time. I shot the buck at 9:30AM(4th time he came by), there was a hot doe in the area also. I stayed in my tree for another hour because I did not see him go down. I then watch 12, yes 12 different bucks run by. I even so another nice 8 do the deed to the doe.

That whole woods smelled of rutting buck that morning. All days in the are great, but some are just magical. Pay attention to the weather!! It is a great indicator on how the deer will move.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

mauser,
don't listen to Rob, he's at the other end of the state. Best week here in western PA is the 2nd week. Not battling the crowds of the 1st week. That cursed ML season hasn't kicked in yet, weather is warm. Ahhh what a beautiful time. once the rut comes, everyone is out there hunting and the bucks are busy chasing, they don't hold still to shoot. Trust me I wouldn't steer you wrong Just trying to help out a fellow western Pa guy.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Illinois we won't begin til October 1...!![&:][X(] And everyday passes slowly for me.

I'll actually be filming my chum, HNIJustin, the last week in September way up in northern Wisconsin. So even though I won't have a bow, I love to sit in the woods!

Old 08-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx ghemry..ill keep that in mind..ill be hunting every chance i get...but ill definently try to make it out when weather is coming..i know game animals feed and such heavy before a front. my dad took his best buck in a rain. im cautious about bowhunt in the rain though. id just like a blood trail to follow

rybo....that makes sense to me. i trust you...youve been around here for a while. ill defenintly be hunting the whole season, just looking for a particular week to hunt the hardest and take off work....

but now my plans may change and i may not take them days off work. i have an opportunity already to get a certification from the National Park Service, which will help me in the future, but also can get me good paying summer jobs NOW. no more WALMART working for me possibly. my park and resource managment teacher got the NPS to come to our campus and give a course on Wildland Firefighting. itll be thurs-sunday soon..dont know when..we will see how things pan out. its 100-125$ for the course..but well worth it even if i have to give up a weekend of hunting..hopefully its before the season starts. hopefully i can pull off not working ANOTHER weekend during prime time..we will see...but i dont think im going to pass this chance up. he said he can possibly get us jobs with wildland firefighting agencys. he said over the summer we can rake in serious cash just by having that certificate from the NPS. so we will see...im excited..3.5 weeks!! i been waiting my whole life to be in a stand with a bow!
Old 08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

dukemichaels reeks of garlic and attacks from downwind, which is why he never kills any big bucks.

Quick Reply: 36- Team"Bro's B4 Does" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.