Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread >

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 1 Thread

HMMMM! not sure whether you took this little guy or not ,I guess I'll find out soon .
I'm just returning myself and I'm really ticked with myself ,I walked into my stand this morning in the dark ,where I seen the 2 buck's and doe last Saturday ,I got my stand up and got comfortable and then I used my doe bleat and then grunted with my grunt tube ,not 5 minute's later I hear something walking in from behind me ,as I turn I see an awsome rack ,I couldn't believe my eye's this was the buck that I've been chasing for 4 years now on this very farm he was coming straight down a trail right beside me .I stood up and knocked my arrow and just before he walked into my shooting lane, I go to draw ,and that's when the unthinkable happen's my arrow fell off of my string .I was able to get the arrow and get it knocked again ,but not before the 10 pointer cleared my shooting lane ,he was just heading into the bedding area checking for the doe he just heard ,all I could do was sit and watch for the next 10 minute's and hope that he would come back out the way that he went in .I possibly had 1 more shot but with it still being a little dark I wasn't able to dtermine whether I had a clear shot since he was just roaming around in front of me just inside the bush .I'm soo freaking ticked off with myself right now because I had a problem with this same arrow before the hunt even started and never changed the nock on it ,so it's my own fault that I never got a shot at him, and now I might never get another one either . This buck has a very wide rack and I'm guessing he'll score 130 to 140 for sure .I'll go back tonight and place myself in the same spot and hopefully he'll still be hanging around and just maybe he'll come back out the same way that he went in .I'm sorry guy's this is my own fault and it might of cost us on the score board ,but I'm not giving up yet .

nubo
Old 11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

NO!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's I was out again this afternoon and yes I seen 3 more buck's ,just not the 10pointer ,I seen 2 6 pointer's and a 4 pointer .I started out by softly doe bleating and followed it up with a buck grunt ,I also set up some scent wick's ,which I think made the buck's a little hesitant ,but then again maybe that's what really brought them out .1six pointer looked to be a little non-typical and I was watching him for at least 1/2 hr ,he was about to step out and I drew on him another mistake I should have waited for him to cross the trail and move behind the tree across from him ,He noticed my movement and stopped ,he's still standing just inside the bush line ,I had been holding for so long I thought my arm was about to fall off ,I was thinking either cross and I can shoot or at least turn your head so I can let down ,and that's what he did finally he moved along the trail just inside the bushline ,so I couldn't get a decent shot at him .Another 6 point came out onto the trail and started to check my scent wick's out ,he got to the second one and stood quietly on the trail from me ,because of a tree there was no shot available,finally he returned into the bush and circled behind me ,I watched him for about 5 minute's and he just stood there behind a small pine tree ,finally he retreated back into the direction he originally came from .It was starting to get pretty dark ,so I was about to climb down from my stand when I heard another deer coming ,I thought that just maybe the second 6point was returning ,as I turned and watched and tried o get myself into shooting location I see a small 4 point ,so I just waited for him to pass and then continued out of the bush .It's sure been a pretty good day for buck activity ,so I'll get out again tomorrow morn and try again .
I'm just wondering whether I should move my stand to another tree down the tree line ,since the 1 6 point noticed me draw on him and I'm afraid he'll be watching for me there .I'm also wondering whether I should NOT use the scent since it seemed to make the deer a little jittery .
What do you guy's think I should do tomorrow morn ,move my stand to another location just down from where it is now? or leave it be ?
Should I discontinue to use scent? ,or shouldI continue to use it ?

But then again maybe it was the scent that got the buck's moving ,I don't know but I'll listen to some good advice .So please help me out .

nubo
Old 11-02-2005, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like ur in the right spot nubo. I wouldnt move ur stand if ur in the best possible spot to intercept the deer and have u a good shot. The buck didn't snort or anything so i dont think he was spooked. He probably forgot about you by now. And as far as scents go. When does your rut kick in? I have my best luck starting to use scents as soon as the chasing phase begins because the bucks are on the move and looking for a estrous doe eventhough the does arn't ready yet. Around here right now the bucks are on the prowl but the does wont be ready for atleast another week and a half. So i think i'm going to start using scents tomorrow after talking to my good buddy doublelung55 who hunts near me and him arrowing a dandy 9pt on halloween night following a drag trail he made i think it's time to break the scent out. Good luck nubo im sure u will put some bone on the board here soon! What kind of scent do you fella's use? I have some tinks 69 which i havent had much luck with and some golden estress im going to try this yr. Whats everyone else use? Good luck boys
Old 11-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guy's I went out this morning ,but I never stayed long because tree's fell a few yrds from me and the leave's on the tree's were flying everywhere ,the wind was very high and just not worth taking a chance at staying in the wood's .This afternoon I went out again and the wind was still high ,but not as bad ,so I stuck it out I called and waited patiently ,but as the evening came to an end I never seen a deer today ,but as it got dark out the wind had completely stopped ,but it was too late for that ,as we walked out we heard shuffling of leave's and breaking branch's in the bedding area that we were hunting ,but it was too dark to see by this time .Wouldn't you figure the wind would stop as we left ,go figure .
I'm working 7:30 am to 7:30 pm Fri,Sat and Sun and then the rifle hunt start's Monday for a week here ,so I have my doubt's that I'll be bowhunting for a week ,but maybe the buck's will be in full out rut ,and I'll get some more opportunity's with the big boy in my nieghbourhood.

nubo
Old 11-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Fork Horn

Well I was really hoping that someone else would have some more inches on our score card before I went on vacation but I guess not!!

Tonight is my last night untill Nov. 21st!!!

One of you dead beats better have some points for us when I get back or I am going to demand to be traded to a different team!!

Good luck and good rut hunting to all team 1!!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike!

I'm trying Mike ,I've been spending lot's of time in the wood's, and have had some real close call's ,it's gonna happen real soon I promise .
This week is the rifle hunt, and I'm gonna hunt with a friend this week and I don't think anyone's hunting this property where I seen the 130 or 140 class buck ,allI can do is hope that he's able to survive the week an then I'll get after him again .

nubo
Old 11-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys I have not been here that much, Have been deer and elk hunting. With only 2 days left here in the Pa bow season I thought it was time to get serious. I have not seen the monster that I was chasing since the 30th. So this morning I had this 8pt chase a doe by me this morning and I let one fly. He is an 8pt that is 18"
Old 11-11-2005, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

So you got one bullshooter awsome cant wait to see the pics . Way to go .

Well guys I have been huntting alot Ive seen alot of deer just cant get a shot . I think some ones peeeing on my stand . . I cant get one close . maybe here in a few days .

good luck guys......
Old 11-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry guy's!

I haven't been around much this week ,but I've been on the rifle hunt this week with my friend's we took 2 buck's Monday and a doe last night and then another little buck today so far since i was unable to be there tonight ,but I'm betting there's another to add to the list when i hear from them next .
I was fortunate enough to take a 6 point buck Monday morn at 8:00am, he walked up the hill grunting at me ,I had already passed on 2 doe's and a buck that I never had a chance at this point. But figured I had better take one since the guy's would have crusified me if I had told them I had seen 4 deer and passed at all of them and the doe last night .Tonight I came home and seen a beauty buck cross the road oin front of me walking right into the field on top of the hill across the street from me ,I was going to grab my bow and go after him ,but darkness was falling fast ,so maybe next time .

Congrat's bullshooter that's a great looking buck he's definately going to add to our score .

nubo

Quick Reply: Official Team Autumn Ninjas (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.